REPORT 100 AND 700 MARC TAG

Hans Manrique
Hello everyone,

I would like to have a report of only fields 100 and 700 in a single
column. I'm a student and I do not understand much about sql, but I've
managed to get a 100 report through ExtractValue syntax queries (marcxml,
xpath). But I do not know how to get one of the fields 100, 700 in a single
report and in a column. Is that possible?

Hans Manrique

Re: REPORT 100 AND 700 MARC TAG

Caroline Cyr-La-Rose
Hi Hans,

I'm no SQL expert either, but I usually use CONCAT_WS to have the 100
and 700 authors appear in the same column.

Also, check your mappings in Administration > Koha to MARC mapping. You
may be able to use biblio.author instead of ExtractValue for the 100 field.

So something like

SELECT CONCAT_WS(biblio.author, ExtractValue(metadata,
'//datafield[@tag="700"]/subfield[@code="a"]')) FROM biblio_metadata
JOIN biblio USING (biblionumber)

(metadata is used instead of marcxml in more recent versions of Koha)

Good luck!

Caroline

Caroline Cyr La Rose, M.S.I.
Bibl. prof. / Chargée de la formation et du soutien

Tél.  : 1 (833) 465-4276
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>
Le 2018-10-04 à 04:53, Hans Manrique a écrit :

> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to have a report of only fields 100 and 700 in a single
> column. I'm a student and I do not understand much about sql, but I've
> managed to get a 100 report through ExtractValue syntax queries (marcxml,
> xpath). But I do not know how to get one of the fields 100, 700 in a single
> report and in a column. Is that possible?
>
> Hans Manrique

Re: REPORT 100 AND 700 MARC TAG

Paul Hoffman
Or like this, which might (or might not!) be more efficient since it
only resorts to ExtractValue if the author is NULL:

    SELECT IF(b.author IS NULL,
              ExtractValue(m.metadata, '//datafield[@tag="700"]/subfield[@code="a"]'),
              b.author
             )
    FROM biblio b INNER JOIN biblio_metadata m USING (biblionumber);

Paul.

On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 09:36:08AM -0400, Caroline Cyr-La-Rose wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> I'm no SQL expert either, but I usually use CONCAT_WS to have the 100 and
> 700 authors appear in the same column.
>
> Also, check your mappings in Administration > Koha to MARC mapping. You may
> be able to use biblio.author instead of ExtractValue for the 100 field.
>
> So something like
>
> SELECT CONCAT_WS(biblio.author, ExtractValue(metadata,
> '//datafield[@tag="700"]/subfield[@code="a"]')) FROM biblio_metadata JOIN
> biblio USING (biblionumber)
>
> (metadata is used instead of marcxml in more recent versions of Koha)
>
> Good luck!
>
> Caroline
>
> Caroline Cyr La Rose, M.S.I.
> Bibl. prof. / Chargée de la formation et du soutien
>
> Tél.  : 1 (833) 465-4276
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>
> Le 2018-10-04 à 04:53, Hans Manrique a écrit :
> >Hello everyone,
> >
> >I would like to have a report of only fields 100 and 700 in a single
> >column. I'm a student and I do not understand much about sql, but I've
> >managed to get a 100 report through ExtractValue syntax queries (marcxml,
> >xpath). But I do not know how to get one of the fields 100, 700 in a single
> >report and in a column. Is that possible?
> >
> >Hans Manrique

Paul Hoffman <[hidden email]>
Software Services Manager
Fenway Library Organization