Question about Automatic E-mail.

GLBT Library
I am the library coordinator for the GLBTSSS office at IU, and we
started using Koha this year.  Thus far I cannot get anything to
automatically send e-mails.  My office e-mail is set as the
Administrator e-mail in the system Parameters, but nothing ever e-mails
to my.  I am not the person who maintains the Koha server, though I do
all of the interface Administration (biblio entry and maintenance,
circulation, and reports).  I would like it if I was sent an e-mail when
a suggestion is made, when an item is put on reserve, and I would like
e-mails automatically sent when I adjust a suggestion.  I have seen some
of these automatic e-mailing situations mentioned in bugfixes and
documentation, but I cannot get our server to do any of it.  Any help in
this arena will be greatly appreciated.

Victor J Kinzer