Punctuation in Koha

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Punctuation in Koha

Sander898
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Patron Card Creator_Back & Front in one PDF file

Jia-Hui
Hi, Everyone: We just purchase a ID card printer to print our library card by using Koha system.The printer has double-sided printing function, and we want to print out the library card front and back in one action. So just wondering that ----Can partron card creator generate the front and the back of the library card into one PDF file? And also anyone has some experience for handleing print out  patron cards in a efficient way by using the patron card creator,please share with us, we will really appreciate your sharing.Thanks!! Sincerely,Jiahui        
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Punctuation in Koha

Stefano Bargioni
In reply to this post by Sander898
> Hi everybody,
> I have set the ISBD punctuation in the Administrator preferences, so that I
> don't have to insert manually the punctuation in cataloging; I have also set
> the punctuation in the MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl file for the Normal View.
>
> My question is:
> is correct to have MARC21 tag without a punctuation?
> I mean, if another Libray, that doesn't use Koha, import my records with
> Z29.50, it will have all my tags without punctuation.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Thanks and kind regards
> Sander

No, in my opinion. Please read
http://www.itcompany.com/inforetriever/punctuation.htm (no longer mainteined)
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4900496/MARC21-closing-punctuation-and-other-instructions-for-punctuation
or other results from a G search for 'marc21 punctuation'.
Stefano
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Punctuation in Koha

Galen Charlton-3
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Stefano Bargioni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> No, in my opinion. Please read
> http://www.itcompany.com/inforetriever/punctuation.htm (no longer
> mainteined)
>
> http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4900496/MARC21-closing-punctuation-and-other-instructions-for-punctuation
> or other results from a G search for 'marc21 punctuation'.
>

Indeed - if you want to interchange MARC21 records, the ISBD punctuation
should be included in the record, although because of the acceptance of
MARC proposal 2010-07 [1], if you want you can set the Leader/18 to 'c' and
omit the *ending* punctuation from the records (although ISBD punctuation
within a field must still be included).

This isn't an optimal situation of course, as it imposes
unnecessary redundancy in MARC21 records.  There is a recommendation [2]
from a PCC task force I was on to remove ISBD punctuation from MARC21; you
may find it interesting reading.

[1] http://www.loc.gov/marc/marbi/2010/2010-07.html
[2] (warning: .docx link) www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/sca/documents/isbdmarc.docx

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Manager of Implementation
Equinox Software, Inc. / The Open Source Experts
email:  [hidden email]
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt
web:    http://www.esilibrary.com/
Supporting Koha and Evergreen: http://koha-community.org &
http://evergreen-ils.org
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Punctuation in Koha

Sander898
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Punctuation in Koha

Sander898
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Punctuation in Koha

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel-2
Sander,

if you edit
/usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/cataloguing/value_builder/marc21_leader.tt
look the word "Descriptive" (template for leader 18), and add the
following code between "a" and "i" options

                               [% IF ( f18c ) %]
                                        <option value="c"
selected="selected">c- ISBD punctuation omitted</option>
                                [% ELSE %]
                                        <option value="c">c- ISBD
punctuation omitted</option>
                                [% END %]

then you will have the "c" option

I will file a bug and send a patch.

Regards,
Bernardo

--
Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel
[hidden email]


On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Sander898 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Galen,
>
> in our sub menu we don't have the possibility to choose the value 'c' for
> the leader 18; we have to change manually in the string of the leader.
>
> Is there a way to put the option 'c' in the sub menu of leader 18? Maybe
> changing the plugin associated to the leader?
>
> Thanks and regards
> Sander
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Punctuation-in-Koha-tp5737773p5738382.html
> Sent from the Koha-general mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Punctuation in Koha

Galen Charlton-3
Hi Bernardo,

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 7:58 AM, Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel <
[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I will file a bug and send a patch.
>

To hopefully save you a bit of effort, I've created bug 9358 [1] that has a
complete list of updates required for the MARC21 fixed field plugins to
account for recent updates to the format.

[1] http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=9358

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Manager of Implementation
Equinox Software, Inc. / The Open Source Experts
email:  [hidden email]
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt
web:    http://www.esilibrary.com/
Supporting Koha and Evergreen: http://koha-community.org &
http://evergreen-ils.org
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Punctuation in Koha

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel-2
Hi Galen,

I will try to fix all the missing/updated parts, and submit a patch
for your bug,
think that 9357 could be closed/abandoned.

Regards,
Bernardo
--
Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel
[hidden email]


On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Galen Charlton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Bernardo,
>
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 7:58 AM, Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I will file a bug and send a patch.
>
>
> To hopefully save you a bit of effort, I've created bug 9358 [1] that has a
> complete list of updates required for the MARC21 fixed field plugins to
> account for recent updates to the format.
>
> [1] http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=9358
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Galen
> --
> Galen Charlton
> Manager of Implementation
> Equinox Software, Inc. / The Open Source Experts
> email:  [hidden email]
> direct: +1 770-709-5581
> cell:   +1 404-984-4366
> skype:  gmcharlt
> web:    http://www.esilibrary.com/
> Supporting Koha and Evergreen: http://koha-community.org &
> http://evergreen-ils.org
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Punctuation in Koha

Galen Charlton-3
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I will try to fix all the missing/updated parts, and submit a patch
> for your bug,
> think that 9357 could be closed/abandoned.


I already signed off on your patch for 9357 and marked it as a blocker for
9358, so if you're working on 9358, you may as well leave 9357 unless Jared
wants a squashed patch.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Manager of Implementation
Equinox Software, Inc. / The Open Source Experts
email:  [hidden email]
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt
web:    http://www.esilibrary.com/
Supporting Koha and Evergreen: http://koha-community.org &
http://evergreen-ils.org
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Punctuation in Koha

Jared Camins-Esakov-2
> I already signed off on your patch for 9357 and marked it as a blocker for
> 9358, so if you're working on 9358, you may as well leave 9357 unless Jared
> wants a squashed patch.


Since it's simple and done, perhaps we could just get a QA team member's
eyes on it?

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(phone) +1 (917) 727-3445
(e-mail) [hidden email]
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Punctuation in Koha

Paul A
In reply to this post by Galen Charlton-3
At 11:45 AM 1/7/2013 -0500, Jared Camins-Esakov wrote:
> > I already signed off on your patch for 9357 and marked it as a blocker for
> > 9358, so if you're working on 9358, you may as well leave 9357 unless Jared
> > wants a squashed patch.
>
>Since it's simple and done, perhaps we could just get a QA team member's
>eyes on it?

I can confirm that it is fully functional and does not appear to break
anything on 3.8.5 (sandbox.)

Best - Paul


>Regards,
>Jared
>
>--
>Jared Camins-Esakov
>Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
>(phone) +1 (917) 727-3445
>(e-mail) [hidden email]
>(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/
>_______________________________________________
>Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
>[hidden email]
>http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha

_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Punctuation in Koha

Sander898
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.