Public list permissions

David Cook

Hi all,

Wouldn’t it be nice if you could designate library staff, besides the owner, who could contribute entries to a public list?

Is anyone already working on that functionality?

It’s been requested by one of our libraries, and I think it makes sense, although I suspect it’s not an insignificant amount of work to do.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St

Ultimo, NSW 2007

Australia

Office: 02 9212 0899

Direct: 02 8005 0595

Re: Public list permissions

Marcel de Rooy

David,

List permissions have been discussed regularly. What always comes up, is the privacy issue (especially on private lists). Seems to me that adding a granular permission like Change contents of public lists like we have Delete public lists already would not be that controversial.

Several other bugs/ideas on BZ in some state on this topic. Look for instance at the simplification on bug 18228 in PQA now.

Marcel