Problems adding new members in 17.11

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems adding new members in 17.11

Tim McMahon - West Liberty Public Library

I'm testing 17.11 (package upgrade from 17.05.02) and when I try to
enter a new patron, the Password and Confirm password fields in the
OPAC/Staff login section near the bottom of the form will get labeled
"This field is required."  We only fill those fields in when a patron
requests their own login, then tell them to change it on their first login.

I also noticed that the primary and secondary email fields aren't
validating either.
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems adding new members in 17.11

Mark Alexander
Excerpts from Tim McMahon's message of 2018-01-02 16:26:39 -0600:
> I'm testing 17.11 (package upgrade from 17.05.02) and when I try to
> enter a new patron, the Password and Confirm password fields in the
> OPAC/Staff login section near the bottom of the form will get labeled
> "This field is required."

I can confirm this behavior on my test VM of 17.11

Curiously, during my test of adding a new patron, the "required"
labels on the Password and Confirm fields didn't appear when I first
loaded the form. They only showed up after I hit the "Save" button,
which failed to save, and presented me with the form again, this time
with the labels added.

I got around the problem by putting the word "junk" in for the
passwords, and leaving the username blank.  Then when I edited that
patron again, I found that Koha had auto-generated a user name
consisting of the first and last names of the patron concatenated with
a "." separator.

In summary, I couldn't find a way to enter blank usernames or passwords
for patrons.  I don't recall that 17.05 exhibited this behavior.

> I also noticed that the primary and secondary email fields aren't
> validating either.

I didn't see a problem with these fields.
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems adding new members in 17.11

Tim McMahon - West Liberty Public Library
I also got the required labels for passwords after I tried to save.
Entering three characters or more will make them go away.

The earlier versions of Koha would validate emails while you were
entering them.  I noticed this version only validates emails when you save.

On 01/02/2018 04:50 PM, Mark Alexander wrote:

> Excerpts from Tim McMahon's message of 2018-01-02 16:26:39 -0600:
>> I'm testing 17.11 (package upgrade from 17.05.02) and when I try to
>> enter a new patron, the Password and Confirm password fields in the
>> OPAC/Staff login section near the bottom of the form will get labeled
>> "This field is required."
>
> I can confirm this behavior on my test VM of 17.11
>
> Curiously, during my test of adding a new patron, the "required"
> labels on the Password and Confirm fields didn't appear when I first
> loaded the form. They only showed up after I hit the "Save" button,
> which failed to save, and presented me with the form again, this time
> with the labels added.
>
> I got around the problem by putting the word "junk" in for the
> passwords, and leaving the username blank.  Then when I edited that
> patron again, I found that Koha had auto-generated a user name
> consisting of the first and last names of the patron concatenated with
> a "." separator.
>
> In summary, I couldn't find a way to enter blank usernames or passwords
> for patrons.  I don't recall that 17.05 exhibited this behavior.
>
>> I also noticed that the primary and secondary email fields aren't
>> validating either.
>
> I didn't see a problem with these fields.
> _______________________________________________
> Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
>

--
Tim McMahon
Technical Services
West Liberty Public Library
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems adding new members in 17.11

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Tim,

Koha auto-generating a username when left empty has been the normal
behaviour for a long time. As long as no password is set, this would
make no difference for people being able to log into the OPAC.

But I think you found 2 regressions with the email validation and
password requirement. I have filed 2 bug reports:

*Bug 19907*
<https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=19907> -
Email validation on patron add/edit not working
*Bug 19908*
<https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=19908> -
Password should not be mandatory

Katrin

On 03.01.2018 00:46, Tim McMahon wrote:

> I also got the required labels for passwords after I tried to save.
> Entering three characters or more will make them go away.
>
> The earlier versions of Koha would validate emails while you were
> entering them.  I noticed this version only validates emails when you
> save.
>
> On 01/02/2018 04:50 PM, Mark Alexander wrote:
>> Excerpts from Tim McMahon's message of 2018-01-02 16:26:39 -0600:
>>> I'm testing 17.11 (package upgrade from 17.05.02) and when I try to
>>> enter a new patron, the Password and Confirm password fields in the
>>> OPAC/Staff login section near the bottom of the form will get labeled
>>> "This field is required."
>>
>> I can confirm this behavior on my test VM of 17.11
>>
>> Curiously, during my test of adding a new patron, the "required"
>> labels on the Password and Confirm fields didn't appear when I first
>> loaded the form. They only showed up after I hit the "Save" button,
>> which failed to save, and presented me with the form again, this time
>> with the labels added.
>>
>> I got around the problem by putting the word "junk" in for the
>> passwords, and leaving the username blank.  Then when I edited that
>> patron again, I found that Koha had auto-generated a user name
>> consisting of the first and last names of the patron concatenated with
>> a "." separator.
>>
>> In summary, I couldn't find a way to enter blank usernames or passwords
>> for patrons.  I don't recall that 17.05 exhibited this behavior.
>>
>>> I also noticed that the primary and secondary email fields aren't
>>> validating either.
>>
>> I didn't see a problem with these fields.
>> _______________________________________________
>> Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
>>
>

_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha