Problem with opac address

lukasz.mesek
Hello,

We've started to show new books at our OPAC site and at some point after refreshing our main site stopped to show the changes.

When we ask our IT, he reindexed our site and then all the changes were shown.

When we change something again at https://kohaopac.alingsas.se/ without reindexing there is no effect.

But when we click on Koha logo in the upper left corner of the screen, which has this address https://kohaopac.alingsas.se/cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl all the changes are updated and shows immediately.

It seems as we need reindexing every time we change something at our OPAC site, to have main address https://kohaopac.alingsas.se/ to work.

Should we ask our IT to set reindexing for every night or is there any other sollution to this problem?

Best regards
Lukasz Mesek
Vuxenbibliotekarie
Alingsås bibliotek

Re: Problem with opac address

Pedro Amorim
Hello lukasz,

What do you mean exactly by your IT "reindexing" the site?

Could it perhaps be related to template cache? In the following discussion
they talk about "About Koha" -> "System Information" and the directory for
template caching. You might try removing it if you have it configured.
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2017-March/047438.html

I would also consider enabling Plack for your instance:
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Plack

On 7 November 2017 at 12:10, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> We've started to show new books at our OPAC site and at some point after
> refreshing our main site stopped to show the changes.
>
> When we ask our IT, he reindexed our site and then all the changes were
> shown.
>
> When we change something again at https://kohaopac.alingsas.se/ without
> reindexing there is no effect.
>
> But when we click on Koha logo in the upper left corner of the screen,
> which has this address https://kohaopac.alingsas.se/
> cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl all the changes are updated and shows
> immediately.
>
> It seems as we need reindexing every time we change something at our OPAC
> site, to have main address https://kohaopac.alingsas.se/ to work.
>
> Should we ask our IT to set reindexing for every night or is there any
> other sollution to this problem?
>

> Best regards
> Lukasz Mesek
> Vuxenbibliotekarie
> Alingsås bibliotek

Re: Problem with opac address

Chris Cormack-7
Also if you are already using plack. You should make sure you are using memcached.

Chris