Problem with Notices & Slips

अभिषेक नागर Abhishek Nãgar
Dear All,

I am relatively new to Koha, installed my first instance was able to import
40000+ titles from LibSys ane approx 3000 Users.

Koha installation is working quite well on a 8 Gb RAM VPS Cataloguing,
Circulation and everything thing is working just file. But No default
templates are available under Notices & Slips I would like to enable few
email alerts.

When I try to add new notice it won't allow me to do and displays error to
select a template while email phone body fields are not visible while
creating Notice.

Kindly suggest how to import default notices now so that it may work.

IMO I deselected sample notices while creating instance can I now get
default Notices & Slips

Abhishek Nagar

Re: Problem with Notices & Slips

you can find examples for a lot of the notices in the wiki:
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Notices_and_Slips_Library

If you have access to your database you could also load the sample
notices using SQL. The SQL file is part of your Koha installation.

But not having the sample notices should not create any problems when
using the notices and slips tool. What you describe sounds like there
might be another problem.

How did you install Koha and which version are you using? What is the
error displaying?

Katrin

On 04.02.19 14:56, अभिषेक नागर Abhishek Nãgar wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am relatively new to Koha, installed my first instance was able to import
> 40000+ titles from LibSys ane approx 3000 Users.
>
> Koha installation is working quite well on a 8 Gb RAM VPS Cataloguing,
> Circulation and everything thing is working just file. But No default
> templates are available under Notices & Slips I would like to enable few
> email alerts.
>
> When I try to add new notice it won't allow me to do and displays error to
> select a template while email phone body fields are not visible while
> creating Notice.
>
> Kindly suggest how to import default notices now so that it may work.
>
> IMO I deselected sample notices while creating instance can I now get
> default Notices & Slips
>

> Abhishek Nagar

Re: Problem with Notices & Slips

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Abhishek,

I think you might not be missing the sample notices, but some of the
mandatory data.

Check your database tables: message_attributes, message_transport and
message_transport_types. Especially the last one should have 4 entries:
email, phone, print, sms. But the others need to have data as well.

Katrin

On 12.02.19 09:12, अभिषेक नागर Abhishek Nãgar wrote:

> I am Using Koha 18.11.02.000, Installed it via apt-get
>
> When i try to Add a Notice and click on save i get an alert Please
> fill at least one template. (attached)
> Abhishek Nagar
>

> On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 at 11:45, Katrin Fischer <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     you can find examples for a lot of the notices in the wiki:
>     https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Notices_and_Slips_Library
>
>     If you have access to your database you could also load the sample
>     notices using SQL. The SQL file is part of your Koha installation.
>
>     But not having the sample notices should not create any problems when
>     using the notices and slips tool. What you describe sounds like there
>     might be another problem.
>
>     How did you install Koha and which version are you using? What is the
>     error displaying?
>
>     Katrin
>

>     On 04.02.19 14:56, अभिषेक नागर Abhishek Nãgar wrote:
>     > Dear All,
>     >
>     > I am relatively new to Koha, installed my first instance was
>     able to import
>     > 40000+ titles from LibSys ane approx 3000 Users.
>     >
>     > Koha installation is working quite well on a 8 Gb RAM VPS
>     Cataloguing,
>     > Circulation and everything thing is working just file. But No
>     default
>     > templates are available under Notices & Slips I would like to
>     enable few
>     > email alerts.
>     >
>     > When I try to add new notice it won't allow me to do and
>     displays error to
>     > select a template while email phone body fields are not visible
>     while
>     > creating Notice.
>     >
>     > Kindly suggest how to import default notices now so that it may
>     work.
>     >
>     > IMO I deselected sample notices while creating instance can I
>     now get
>     > default Notices & Slips
>     >
>     >
>     > Abhishek Nagar
>     > https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha

Re: Problem with Notices & Slips

अभिषेक नागर Abhishek Nãgar
Hi Katrin,

My Database contains Tables message_attributes and message_transport_types
but are empty Table message_transport does not exist how can i get the
Default SQL for creating the tables

mysql> select * from message_transport_types;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from message_transport;
ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'koha_library.message_transport' doesn't exist

mysql> select * from message_attributes;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 12:19, Katrin Fischer <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Abhishek,
>
> I think you might not be missing the sample notices, but some of the
> mandatory data.
>
> Check your database tables: message_attributes, message_transport and
> message_transport_types. Especially the last one should have 4 entries:
> email, phone, print, sms. But the others need to have data as well.
>
> Katrin
> On 12.02.19 09:12, अभिषेक नागर Abhishek Nãgar wrote:
>
> I am Using Koha 18.11.02.000, Installed it via apt-get
>
> When i try to Add a Notice and click on save i get an alert Please fill at
> least one template. (attached)
> Abhishek Nagar
>

> On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 at 11:45, Katrin Fischer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> you can find examples for a lot of the notices in the wiki:
>> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Notices_and_Slips_Library
>>
>> If you have access to your database you could also load the sample
>> notices using SQL. The SQL file is part of your Koha installation.
>>
>> But not having the sample notices should not create any problems when
>> using the notices and slips tool. What you describe sounds like there
>> might be another problem.
>>
>> How did you install Koha and which version are you using? What is the
>> error displaying?
>>
>> Katrin
>>

>> On 04.02.19 14:56, अभिषेक नागर Abhishek Nãgar wrote:
>> > Dear All,
>> >
>> > I am relatively new to Koha, installed my first instance was able to
>> import
>> > 40000+ titles from LibSys ane approx 3000 Users.
>> >
>> > Koha installation is working quite well on a 8 Gb RAM VPS Cataloguing,
>> > Circulation and everything thing is working just file. But No default
>> > templates are available under Notices & Slips I would like to enable few
>> > email alerts.
>> >
>> > When I try to add new notice it won't allow me to do and displays error
>> > select a template while email phone body fields are not visible while
>> > creating Notice.
>> >
>> > Kindly suggest how to import default notices now so that it may work.
>> >
>> > IMO I deselected sample notices while creating instance can I now get
>> > default Notices & Slips
>> >

>> > Abhishek Nagar

Re: Problem with Notices & Slips

sorry, the table is: message_transports

You will need to add the configuration data missed while installing. The
SQL files for this are part of your installation in
installer/data/mysql/en/mandatory/

They rarely change, so these are the links to the current versions in git:

http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=installer/data/mysql/en/mandatory/message_transport_types.sql;h=ed3c4ad13aa2c33e380eccc1f12674b11de9fb99;hb=66f3a72a01ba5238a9bba39a3b9cb659dbb47a42

http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=installer/data/mysql/en/mandatory/sample_notices_message_attributes.sql;h=a7a6032cc74117ef67cd79270245a77539593dcb;hb=66f3a72a01ba5238a9bba39a3b9cb659dbb47a42

http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=installer/data/mysql/en/mandatory/sample_notices_message_transports.sql;h=5954bafc7b35dce64374f7a1f5c97f2ad2b91755;hb=66f3a72a01ba5238a9bba39a3b9cb659dbb47a42

Katrin

On 13.02.19 07:54, अभिषेक नागर Abhishek Nãgar wrote:

> [...]
>>         to enable few
>>         > email alerts.
>>         >
>>         > When I try to add new notice it won't allow me to do and
>>         displays error to
>>         > select a template while email phone body fields are not
>>         visible while
>>         > creating Notice.
>>         >
>>         > Kindly suggest how to import default notices now so that it
>>         may work.
>>         >
>>         > IMO I deselected sample notices while creating instance can
>>         I now get
>>         > default Notices & Slips
>>         >
>>         >
>>         > Abhishek Nagar
>>         > _______________________________________________
>>         > [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Thanks i was able to import and its working now

Thanks Again

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 12:35, Katrin Fischer <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> I am Using Koha 18.11.02.000, Installed it via apt-get
>>
>> When i try to Add a Notice and click on save i get an alert Please fill
>> at least one template. (attached)
>> Abhishek Nagar
>>

>> On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 at 11:45, Katrin Fischer <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> you can find examples for a lot of the notices in the wiki:
>>> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Notices_and_Slips_Library
>>>
>>> If you have access to your database you could also load the sample
>>> notices using SQL. The SQL file is part of your Koha installation.
>>>
>>> But not having the sample notices should not create any problems when
>>> using the notices and slips tool. What you describe sounds like there
>>> might be another problem.
>>>
>>> How did you install Koha and which version are you using? What is the

Thanks for your Help i was able to setup Overdue Notice, was also able to
import sample Notice, Would like to know how ate these notices triggered eg
i want to send an email to Patrons to whom Booked were checked out on daily
basis. how do i do that

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 12:39, अभिषेक नागर Abhishek Nãgar <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks i was able to import and its working now
>
> Thanks Again
>

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 12:35, Katrin Fischer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> sorry, the table is: message_transports
>>
>> You will need to add the configuration data missed while installing. The
>> SQL files for this are part of your installation in
>> installer/data/mysql/en/mandatory/
>>
>> They rarely change, so these are the links to the current versions in git:
>>

>> http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=installer/data/mysql/en/mandatory/message_transport_types.sql;h=ed3c4ad13aa2c33e380eccc1f12674b11de9fb99;hb=66f3a72a01ba5238a9bba39a3b9cb659dbb47a42
>>

>> http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=installer/data/mysql/en/mandatory/sample_notices_message_attributes.sql;h=a7a6032cc74117ef67cd79270245a77539593dcb;hb=66f3a72a01ba5238a9bba39a3b9cb659dbb47a42
>>

>> http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=installer/data/mysql/en/mandatory/sample_notices_message_transports.sql;h=5954bafc7b35dce64374f7a1f5c97f2ad2b91755;hb=66f3a72a01ba5238a9bba39a3b9cb659dbb47a42
>>
>> Katrin
>> On 13.02.19 07:54, अभिषेक नागर Abhishek Nãgar wrote:
>>
>> Hi Katrin,
>>
>> My Database contains Tables message_attributes and
>> message_transport_types but are empty Table message_transport does not
>> exist how can i get the Default SQL for creating the tables
>>
>> mysql> select * from message_transport_types;
>> Empty set (0.00 sec)
>>
>> mysql> select * from message_transport;
>> ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'koha_library.message_transport' doesn't exist
>>
>> mysql> select * from message_attributes;
>> Empty set (0.00 sec)
>>

>> On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 12:19, Katrin Fischer <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Abhishek,
>>>
>>> I think you might not be missing the sample notices, but some of the
>>> mandatory data.
>>>
>>> Check your database tables: message_attributes, message_transport and
>>> message_transport_types. Especially the last one should have 4 entries:
>>> email, phone, print, sms. But the others need to have data as well.
>>>
>>> Katrin
>>> On 12.02.19 09:12, अभिषेक नागर Abhishek Nãgar wrote:
>>>
>>> I am Using Koha 18.11.02.000, Installed it via apt-get
>>>
>>> When i try to Add a Notice and click on save i get an alert Please fill
>>> at least one template. (attached)
>>> Abhishek Nagar

Re: Problem with Notices & Slips

अभिषेक नागर Abhishek Nãgar