Possibilities and Help in Translation

Balaji Ravichandran-2
Hi,
I am new to Koha Community. I have done 4 Koha Setup across TamilNadu, India. Our Koha Community here has decided to translate Koha into our native language.
  • Action - Translation
  • Language - தமிழ் (Tamil)

Is Translation possible in Koha? If so, suggest some methods or getting started docs for it to be useful to the Community here. Also suggest what needs to be taken care of and important measures to be taken.

Waiting for feedback from the Community :-)

--
Best Regards,
Balaji Ravichandran

git: git.koha-community.org
bugs: bugs.koha-community.org

Re: [Koha] Possibilities and Help in Translation

Balaji Ravichandran-2
Hi Jonathan,
I have started Translating Koha to தமிழ்(Tamil) for the version 17.05. There is also a version of Koha 3.22 and many other versions. Can you please provide suggestions on how to select versions for translating? Some are marked as obsolete. Kindly help is selecting versions.

On 3 August 2017 at 19:51, Jonathan Druart <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Balaji,

Welcome! :)

This language already exists on our translation server (
http://translate.koha-community.org/ta/).
You should take a look at
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Translating_Koha to know how to
translate Koha.
I am not a translator so I cannot help you more. The language is only 1%
translated, you will have a lot of work to translate it completely. Good
luck! :)

Regards,
Jonathan