Patrons account expires once the user login to opac

Patrons account expires once the user login to opac

mnashbat
Hi All,

I have a problem with the patrons expiry, all patron accounts expires once user login to opac even is I renewed them from my admin side. We have an integration with ldap but again under (/etc/koha/sites/alfaisal/koha-conf.xml) I have the expiry date updated to (<dateexpiry is="">2019-09-30</dateexpiry>), so when I do the renewal from the admin side it's renewed to that date (2019-09-30) but once the user login to the opac and logout it changed to one year back which it was the old date in koha-conf.xml, I also updated the dates under (Patron categories) under enrollment period to be (2019-09-30), but all of this didn't work, any suggestions.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Mohammed

________________________________

DISCLAIMER: This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information intended only for the person(s) named. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and then destroy the message. Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Alfaisal University shall understand to be neither given nor endorsed by Alfaisal University. The contents of any attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses, which could damage your own computer system. While "Alfaisal University" has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the attachment.

Re: Patrons account expires once the user login to opac

Jonathan Druart
Hi Mohammed,
Not sure about that but, should not it be
  <dateexpiry is="2019-09-30"></dateexpiry>
instead of
  <dateexpiry is="">2019-09-30</dateexpiry>
?

On Tue, 2 Oct 2018 at 09:25 Mohammad Nashbat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a problem with the patrons expiry, all patron accounts expires once
> user login to opac even is I renewed them from my admin side. We have an
> integration with ldap but again under
> (/etc/koha/sites/alfaisal/koha-conf.xml) I have the expiry date updated to
> (<dateexpiry is="">2019-09-30</dateexpiry>), so when I do the renewal from
> the admin side it's renewed to that date (2019-09-30) but once the user
> login to the opac and logout it changed to one year back which it was the
> old date in koha-conf.xml, I also updated the dates under (Patron
> categories) under enrollment period to be (2019-09-30), but all of this
> didn't work, any suggestions.
>
> Thanks & Best Regards,
>
> Mohammed
>

> ________________________________
>
> DISCLAIMER: This electronic mail transmission contains confidential
> information intended only for the person(s) named. Any use, distribution,
> copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you
> received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply
> e-mail and then destroy the message. Opinions, conclusions, and other
> information in this message that do not relate to the official business of
> Alfaisal University shall understand to be neither given nor endorsed by
> Alfaisal University. The contents of any attachment to this e-mail may
> contain software viruses, which could damage your own computer system.
> While "Alfaisal University" has taken every reasonable precaution to
> minimize this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you
> sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own
> virus checks before opening the attachment.

Re: Patrons account expires once the user login to opac

mnashbat
Hi Jonathan,

This is part of the ldap integration and not it’s correct, it has been like that since long time. But any way even if I take it out I’m still facing the same proble.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Mohammed Nashbat
Library Instructor

Re: Patrons account expires once the user login to opac

Jonathan Druart
Indeed, I read the code too quickly.
It says:
516     <mapping>                  <!-- match koha SQL field names to your
LDAP record field names -->
517       <firstname    is="givenname"      ></firstname>

then:
532 The <mapping> subelements establish the relationship between mysql
fields and LDAP attributes. The element name
533 is the column in mysql, with the "is" characteristic set to the LDAP
attribute name.  Optionally, any content
534 between the element tags is taken as the default value.

Maybe you need to set the "is" attribute to the LDAP attribute name?

On Tue, 2 Oct 2018 at 10:30 Mohammad Nashbat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>

> This is part of the ldap integration and not it’s correct, it has been
> like that since long time. But any way even if I take it out I’m still
> facing the same proble.
>

> *Thanks & Best Regards,*
>

> *Mohammed Nashbat*
>
> *Library Instructor*

As I told you Jonathan, i took it out from the ldap configurations, I think what’s causing the problem is something else, I’ve already disabled it but the problem remains.

Best Regards,
Mohammed Nashbat
Library Instructor