No link to Authors on Refine your search

No link to Authors on Refine your search

anjoze
Hi.
When I make a search than I click on the "Author" in the "Refine your Search" I have this result:
"No results found
No results match your search for 'kw,wrdl: saramago' with limit(s): 'au:Jose Saramago au:Saramago,, Jose'."

If I change in the address bar
From:
"htp://mykoha/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/search.pl?idx=kw&q=saramago&limit=au:Saramago,, Jose"
To:
"htp://mykoha/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/search.pl?idx=kw&q=saramago&limit=au:Jose Saramago"
I get the results expected.

Ho can I change this? Is this an Authority Cataloguing problem?
Thanks for any help,
JA
Koha version: 16.05.05
       - -
José Anjos

Re: No link to Authors on Refine your search

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel-2
José,

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM, anjoze <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
> When I make a search than I click on the "Author" in the "Refine your
> Search" I have this result:
> /"No results found
> No results match your search for 'kw,wrdl: saramago' with limit(s):
> 'au:Jose
> Saramago au:Saramago,, Jose'."/

This search is right? with two authorities linked?
Have you checked the correspondig authority record?

Regards,
bernardo

--
Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel

Re: No link to Authors on Refine your search

anjoze
Hi Bernardo.
Maybe I didn’t explain well.
The problem is: When I make a normal search (Ex: prisoner of azkaban), than, on the left side,
it will be automatically added filters on the "Refine your search" section. (Ex: Authors: Rowling, J. K.)
The filters are: Availability, Libraries, Authors, Topics, Series.
All the links work well except the Authors.

When I click in Authors it will perform this search:
search.pl?idx=kw&q=prisoner of azkaban&limit=au:Rowling, J. K. (DON’T FIND NOTHING)
If I change it to:
search.pl?idx=kw&q=prisoner of azkaban&limit=au:J. K. Rowling (SEARCH IS OK)

I use Unimarc. The Authors are in:
200$f, 200$g, 700$a$b, 701$a$b, 702$a$b, 710, 711, 712

Thanks again for your help,
JS

Koha version: 16.05.05
       - -
José Anjos

Re: No link to Authors on Refine your search

Manos Petridis
Could it be that the comma in the author name is considered to be a list separator at 'refine search' time?

MP

The problem is: When I make a normal search (Ex: prisoner of azkaban), than, on the left side, it will be automatically added filters on the "*Refine your search*"
section. (Ex: Authors: Rowling, J. K.)
The filters are: Availability, Libraries, Authors, Topics, Series.
All the links work well except the Authors.

When I click in *Authors* it will perform this search:
search.pl?idx=kw&q=prisoner of azkaban&limit=au:Rowling, J. K. (DON’T FIND
NOTHING)
If I change it to:
search.pl?idx=kw&q=prisoner of azkaban&limit=au:J. K. Rowling (SEARCH IS OK)

I use Unimarc. The Authors are in:
200$f, 200$g, 700$a$b, 701$a$b, 702$a$b, 710, 711, 712

Thanks again for your help,
JS

-----
Koha version: 3.08.04
       - -
José Anjos

Re: No link to Authors on Refine your search

anjoze
Hi Petridis.
Now I've deleted the comma from Authority Author, rebuild zebra but no success.
It's strange because the results looks OK (Ex: Rowling, J. K.(3) )
Than, when I click it, nothing if found :(
Koha version: 16.05.05
       - -
José Anjos

Re: No link to Authors on Refine your search

Ian Bays
Unless something has changed recently there are certain characters that
have special meaning for searching and these include colon(:), equal(=)
and brackets(()).
So the cataloguer's solution would be to ensure you do not have these
characters in author statements.
This may not be most helpful but probably explains the problem.

Good luck.

Ian
On 02/10/2012 16:50, anjoze wrote:

> Hi Petridis.
> Now I've deleted the comma from Authority Author, rebuild zebra but no
> success.
> It's strange because the results looks OK (Ex: Rowling, J. K.(*3*) )
> Than, when I click it, nothing if found :(
>

> -----
> Koha version: 3.08.04
>         - -
> José Anjos

Ian Bays
Director of Projects, PTFS Europe Limited
+44 (0) 800 756 6803 (phone)
+44 (0) 7774 995297 (mobile)
+44 (0) 800 756 6384 (fax)
skype: ian.bays
email: [hidden email]

Re: No link to Authors on Refine your search

Just in case no one has spotted this.  Your two searches are different, one
is for limit=Rowling, J. K. The other is for J. K. Rowling

I suspect your authorities have it one way and it's set the other way in
your bibliographic records.

Chris
On Oct 2, 2012 4:08 AM, "anjoze" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Bernardo.
> Maybe I didn’t explain well.
> The problem is: When I make a normal search (Ex: prisoner of azkaban),
> than,
> on the left side,
> it will be automatically added filters on the "*Refine your search*"
> section. (Ex: Authors: Rowling, J. K.)
> The filters are: Availability, Libraries, Authors, Topics, Series.
> All the links work well except the Authors.
>
> When I click in *Authors* it will perform this search:
> search.pl?idx=kw&q=prisoner of azkaban&limit=au:Rowling, J. K. (DON’T FIND
> NOTHING)
> If I change it to:
> search.pl?idx=kw&q=prisoner of azkaban&limit=au:J. K. Rowling (SEARCH IS
> OK)
>
> I use Unimarc. The Authors are in:
> 200$f, 200$g, 700$a$b, 701$a$b, 702$a$b, 710, 711, 712
>
> Thanks again for your help,
> JS
>

> -----
> Koha version:   3.08.04
>        - -
> José Anjos

Re: No link to Authors on Refine your search

Manos Petridis
But, if a book has the author entered as "surname, name", and appears as such in the search lists, it should also appear as such in the indexes, searches, search results refinements, regardless of the alternate entries in the authorities data.

In other words, authorities are there - as far as I understand - to restrict the user from entering arbitary/invalid data, but once such data have been accepted into koha, koha should be able to use them as found.|

Could it be that some tables have been manipulated by hand, but not the relevant XML structured data, or that zebra has not re-indexed the updated biblios?

MP

>________________________________

My Personal Name Authorities have these fields from UNIMARC:
Last Name 200$a
First Name 200$b

I've tried with 2 configurations:
First (with the comma):
200$a: Rowling,
200$b: J. K.

Second (without the comma):
200$a: Rowling
200$b: J. K.

With the first option, the Author it will be displayed on the" Refine your search" like: Rowling,, J. K. (two commas)
With the second option, the Author it will be displayed on the" Refine your search" like: Rowling, J. K. (one comma)

But it should be like Manos Petridis says: "koha should be able to use them as found"
The problem is that the filter link doesn’t work for Authors.
It is strange because koha knows who the authors are and how may.
Example:
I search for earth

In Refine your search I have:
Authors: