New topic branch - sysprefs_editor

Galen Charlton-2
Hi,

I have created a new topic branch on the main public Git repository
called sysprefs_editor for the system preference editing enhancements
that Jesse Weaver has contributed.

I encourage all and sundry to test.  One way of doing this is by
creating a local tracking branch in your Git clone like this:

$ git fetch
$ git branch --track sysprefs_editor origin/sysprefs_editor
$ git checkout sysprefs_editor
# test, test, test, testity test
$ git checkout <your_normal_working_branch>

There are no database changes in this tree, which will of course make
it easier to switch between this branch and your normal branch.

There's no bug for the enhancement yet, so I ask Jesse  to create one
and point us to some documentation of his approach for maintaining the
metadata for the preferences.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton

Re: New topic branch - sysprefs_editor

nengard
I have been waiting for this - YIPPPEEE :)

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Galen Charlton<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created a new topic branch on the main public Git repository
> called sysprefs_editor for the system preference editing enhancements
> that Jesse Weaver has contributed.
>
> I encourage all and sundry to test.  One way of doing this is by
> creating a local tracking branch in your Git clone like this:
>
> $ git fetch
> $ git branch --track sysprefs_editor origin/sysprefs_editor
> $ git checkout sysprefs_editor
> # test, test, test, testity test
> $ git checkout <your_normal_working_branch>
>
> There are no database changes in this tree, which will of course make
> it easier to switch between this branch and your normal branch.
>
> There's no bug for the enhancement yet, so I ask Jesse  to create one
> and point us to some documentation of his approach for maintaining the
> metadata for the preferences.
>
> Regards,
>
> Galen
> --
> Galen Charlton

Re: New topic branch - sysprefs_editor

Garry Collum
Wow!  This is nice.  Excellent job Jesse!!