New project for Koha 17.05

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel-2
Hi translators,
there is a new translation project for the upcoming 17.05 release
http://translate.koha-community.org/projects/17.05/

Not the final strings yet but something to work until release.

I have a question for the translation community:
What do you think about removing projects corresponding to obsolete versions?
For example 3.2 to 3.20?

Best regards
Bernardo

--
Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel

git: git.koha-community.org
bugs: bugs.koha-community.org

Re: New project for Koha 17.05

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Bernardo,

wondering if people kept working on them after there were no more releases. We could maybe offer the last version of the files for download somewhere, but remove them from Pootle.

Katrin
Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Mai 2017 um 19:23 Uhr
Von: "Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel" <[hidden email]>
An: "Koha-translate list" <[hidden email]>
Betreff: [Koha-translate] New project for Koha 17.05

_______________________________________________ Koha-translate mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-translate website: www.koha-community.org git: git.koha-community.org bugs: bugs.koha-community.org

git: git.koha-community.org
bugs: bugs.koha-community.org

Re: New project for Koha 17.05

Marc Véron

Hi everybody

+1 for  Katrin's proposition to remove outdated projects and keep their latest files somewhere in the archives.

Marc

git: git.koha-community.org
bugs: bugs.koha-community.org

Re: New project for Koha 17.05

Zeno Tajoli-2
Hi to all,

Il 15/05/2017 11:08, Marc Véron ha scritto:

> +1 for  Katrin's proposition to remove outdated projects and keep their
> latest files somewhere in the archives.

also for me +1 on remove outdated projects and keep their
latest files somewhere in the archives.

Bye
Zeno Tajoli
--
Zeno Tajoli
/SVILUPPO PRODOTTI CINECA/ - Automazione Biblioteche
git: git.koha-community.org
bugs: bugs.koha-community.org

Re: New project for Koha 17.05

Österman Anneli

Hello!

Most of Finnish libraries that are using Koha still have the version 3.16. We are planning to upgrade to version 16.11 next fall (hopefully). I support Katrin’s proposition. J

Anneli Österman

Superlibrarian / OUTI Libraries

---

Anneli Österman

Koha-pääkäyttäjä
Erikoiskirjastovirkailija

Oulun kaupunginkirjasto-maakuntakirjasto

[hidden email]

044-7037408

git: git.koha-community.org
bugs: bugs.koha-community.org

Re: New project for Koha 17.05

paul POULAIN-3

+1

I think that there's no need to keep project for unsupported versions: I would be surprised if someone were updating a translation that will never be released !

Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Mai 2017 um 19:23 Uhr
Von: "Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel" [hidden email]
An: "Koha-translate list" [hidden email]
[...]

Paul Poulain, Associé-gérant / co-owner
BibLibre, Services en logiciels libres pour les bibliothèques
BibLibre, Open Source software and services for libraries

git: git.koha-community.org

git: git.koha-community.org
bugs: bugs.koha-community.org

Re: New project for Koha 17.05

Viktor.Sarge
Removing:
+ many translations will look more complete on the main page when old untranslated files disappear.

+ more clear what version is the most recent when all projects are using the same version numbering.

- if someone are still using old versions then pootle is practical to share progress with others also on ancient versions.

I’d say removing gets my vote.

git: git.koha-community.org
bugs: bugs.koha-community.org

Re: New project for Koha 17.05

Fridolin SOMERS
Thanks a lot.

Sure you can remove projects lower than 3.14 at least.

Regards,

Le 12/05/2017 à 19:23, Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel a écrit :

> Hi translators,
> there is a new translation project for the upcoming 17.05 release
> http://translate.koha-community.org/projects/17.05/
>
> Not the final strings yet but something to work until release.
>
> I have a question for the translation community:
> What do you think about removing projects corresponding to obsolete
> versions?
> For example 3.2 to 3.20?
>
> Best regards
> Bernardo