New Feature: Amazon.com Content

Joshua Ferraro-3
Hi all,

I've just committed a fully-preferences-based Amazon.com module to
rel_2_2. There are three new system preferences:

AmazonContent
AmazonDevKey
AmazonAssocTag

To use this new feature, you'll need an Associates login:

https://associates.amazon.com/gp/flex/associates/apply-login.html

and a developer's key:

https://aws-portal.amazon.com/gp/aws/developer/registration/index.html

Once you have recieved both IDs from Amazon, and put them into the
appropriate system preferences, you can set AmazonContent to 'yes'.
At this point, you should have the following content from Amazon.com
displaying in your OPAC (NPL template only):

* Cover images
* "Read it now"
* "Search inside"
* Descriptions
* Reviews
* Ratings

To see what this will look like, please view this example record from
LibLime's OPAC:

http://opactest.liblime.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?bib=21752

Note that if you don't touch these systemprefs, no Amazon.com code will
be called.

Paul/HDL, if you want to add this to default templates, please take a
peek at commits to NPL template files.

Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
President, Technology       migration, training, maintenance, support
LibLime                                Featuring Koha Open-Source ILS
[hidden email] |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS

Re: New Feature: Amazon.com Content

Joshua Ferraro-3
On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 06:02:16PM -0800, Joshua Ferraro wrote:
> Note that if you don't touch these systemprefs, no Amazon.com code will
> be called.
Oops ... I put the 'use C4::Amazon' line at the top of opac-detail.pl
instead of inside the conditional. Fixed in CVS -- sorry about that.

If you want to use Amazon content you'll also need to install
XML::Simple and LWP::Simple, both available from CPAN:

# perl -MCPAN -e 'install LWP::Simple'
# perl -MCPAN -e 'install XML::Simple'

Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
President, Technology       migration, training, maintenance, support
LibLime                                Featuring Koha Open-Source ILS
[hidden email] |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS

Re: New Feature: Amazon.com Content

Paul POULAIN-2
Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
> On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 06:02:16PM -0800, Joshua Ferraro wrote:
>
>>Note that if you don't touch these systemprefs, no Amazon.com code will
>>be called.
>
> Oops ... I put the 'use C4::Amazon' line at the top of opac-detail.pl
> instead of inside the conditional. Fixed in CVS -- sorry about that.
I'm not sure the move inside the "if" is useful, as I get an internal
server error even with pref=OFF, if XML::Simple is not installed.

> If you want to use Amazon content you'll also need to install
> XML::Simple and LWP::Simple, both available from CPAN:
>
> # perl -MCPAN -e 'install LWP::Simple'

I think it's installed by default on any linuxbox.

> # perl -MCPAN -e 'install XML::Simple'

OK

I've added them in package check on install.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants