Need to change the pickup location of the hold

Need to change the pickup location of the hold

Anne-Marie Mana Deweerdt
Hello,

We are configuring the "holds" functionality in Koha and we disabled the
possibility for the user to chose the pickup location, to suspend the
hold etc.
However when we place a hold it takes the patron home library as the
pickup location.
We would like to know if it is possible to configure that and have the
item's home library in place of the patron's home library.

In our libraries once a patron makes a request on an available item he
has to pick it up by himself from the shelves.
We prepare the item only for "closed stack request".
If the request was placed on a checked out book he receives an alert
that the item is ready to pickup at the circulation desk.

Kind regards,

--
Mana Deweerdt

Re: Need to change the pickup location of the hold

Kyle Hall
So, are you forcing patron's to select an item to place a hold on? That is,
are you dis-allowing record level holds? That would be the first step in
getting to what you want.

Kyle

<https://secure2.convio.net/cffh/site/Donation2?df_id=1395&FR_ID=4715&PROXY_ID=2706639&PROXY_TYPE=20&1395.donation=form1&s_src=CHORUS&s_subsrc=CHAADOEB>

http://www.kylehall.info
ByWater Solutions ( http://bywatersolutions.com )
Meadville Public Library ( http://www.meadvillelibrary.org )
Crawford County Federated Library System ( http://www.ccfls.org )

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:40 AM, Anne-Marie Mana Deweerdt <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are configuring the "holds" functionality in Koha and we disabled the
> possibility for the user to chose the pickup location, to suspend the hold
> etc.
> However when we place a hold it takes the patron home library as the
> pickup location.
> We would like to know if it is possible to configure that and have the
> item's home library in place of the patron's home library.
>
> In our libraries once a patron makes a request on an available item he has
> to pick it up by himself from the shelves.
> We prepare the item only for "closed stack request".
> If the request was placed on a checked out book he receives an alert that
> the item is ready to pickup at the circulation desk.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> --
> Mana Deweerdt

Re: Need to change the pickup location of the hold

Anne-Marie Mana Deweerdt
Hello,

I'm very sorry for the delay... We want to allow the item-level request.
Let's say there are several libraries having the same book. The patron
can select the item to place a hold on. (ok, working). He cannot select
a pickup location (ok).
If he select the item B from library B the patron must pickup the item
from this library. (now it places automatically the patron home library
as the pickup location).

Regards,

Mana

On 19/03/2018 11:56, Kyle Hall wrote:

> So, are you forcing patron's to select an item to place a hold on?
> That is, are you dis-allowing record level holds? That would be the
> first step in getting to what you want.
>
> Kyle
>
> <https://secure2.convio.net/cffh/site/Donation2?df_id=1395&FR_ID=4715&PROXY_ID=2706639&PROXY_TYPE=20&1395.donation=form1&s_src=CHORUS&s_subsrc=CHAADOEB>
>
> http://www.kylehall.info
> ByWater Solutions ( http://bywatersolutions.com )
> Meadville Public Library ( http://www.meadvillelibrary.org )
> Crawford County Federated Library System ( http://www.ccfls.org )
>
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:40 AM, Anne-Marie Mana Deweerdt
> <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     We are configuring the "holds" functionality in Koha and we
>     disabled the possibility for the user to chose the pickup
>     location, to suspend the hold etc.
>     However when we place a hold it takes the patron home library as
>     the pickup location.
>     We would like to know if it is possible to configure that and have
>     the item's home library in place of the patron's home library.
>
>     In our libraries once a patron makes a request on an available
>     item he has to pick it up by himself from the shelves.
>     We prepare the item only for "closed stack request".
>     If the request was placed on a checked out book he receives an
>     alert that the item is ready to pickup at the circulation desk.
>
>     Kind regards,
>
>     --
>     Mana Deweerdt

Mana