NZ Koha dev visiting Istanbul in May and would love to meet Turkish Koha community members

NZ Koha dev visiting Istanbul in May and would love to meet Turkish Koha community members

Alex Buckley
Kia ora everyone,

I work in the Koha team in Catalyst IT - I have been working on Koha for
more than 3 years now, and would love to meet some more members of the
Koha community!

I am traveling to Turkey on holiday in May, and would love to meet up
with Koha people in Istanbul on 3 May or 21 May. Do let me know if you'd
like to catch up :)

I will be staying in the Beyoğlu district of Istanbul and can see the
nearest Koha library isAhmet Hamdi Tanpınar Edebiyat Müze Kütüphanesi
(http://ahtem.kutuphane.gov.tr/ ) so would love to visit that!

Kind regards,

Alex

--
Alex Buckley
Koha Developer

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions
DDI: +64 4 803 2378 | Mob: +64 22 429 6157 | www.catalyst.net.nz

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended for the named recipients only. It may contain privileged, confidential or copyright information. If you are not the named recipient, any use, reliance upon, disclosure or copying of this email or its attachments is unauthorised. If you have received this email in error, please reply via email or call +64 4 499 2267.

Re: NZ Koha dev visiting Istanbul in May and would love to meet Turkish Koha community members

Mengu Yazicioglu
Welcome Alex,

We are in Ankara unfortunately, if you want to visit us , please share.

Any public library in Turkey is using Koha that we installed ( we do not
give support them anymore btw).

I really suggest you visit other libraries also. One of them is Arter's
library. http://www.arter.org.tr/en/ .

The place has many art exhibitions as well.

Other one is https://www.cekulvakfi.org.tr/proje/bilgi-belge-merkezi

Both are  in Beyoğlu.

If you would like to visit them let me know I may contact the librarians
there.

Mengü Yazıcıoğlu
Devinim Yazılım Eğitim Danışmanlık
Reşit Galip Cad. No: 29/6
Çankaya/ANKARA

Tel: (312) 446 86 68
Cep: (532) 701 90 27

On 24.02.2020 12:15, Alex Buckley wrote:

> Kia ora everyone,
>
> I work in the Koha team in Catalyst IT - I have been working on Koha for
> more than 3 years now, and would love to meet some more members of the
> Koha community!
>
> I am traveling to Turkey on holiday in May, and would love to meet up
> with Koha people in Istanbul on 3 May or 21 May. Do let me know if you'd
> like to catch up :)
>
> I will be staying in the Beyoğlu district of Istanbul and can see the
> nearest Koha library isAhmet Hamdi Tanpınar Edebiyat Müze Kütüphanesi
> (http://ahtem.kutuphane.gov.tr/ ) so would love to visit that!
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Alex

Re: NZ Koha dev visiting Istanbul in May and would love to meet Turkish Koha community members

Davoodifar, H. Sam (EDU-ECY)
Hi everyone,

I have installed Koha on CentOS using our Turkish colleagues experience. The system is now a provincial online resources (no print) for teachers and educators.

I'm in Canada and hoping to travel overseas, would love to get together and share experience.

Cheers,
__Sam