Multiple levels approval for suggested title and multiple level late fee slabs required in Koha

Multiple levels approval for suggested title and multiple level late fee slabs required in Koha

Manju N

Dear All,

Anybody has customized the Koha for multiple level approval of suggested titles from the patrons/faculty in Acquisition module?  In our library, we need multiple level approvals such as from the Head of Department and Chairman, Library Committee/Dy. Director etc.

We also want to use multiple levels late fee/fine slab. Currently, Koha supports only one late fee slab. We have different late fee structure/ slabs at our library. Please let us know if anybody customized the Koha for the above requirements.

With Regards

Manju Naika, PhD

Asst.Librarian

IIT Bombay

Re: Multiple levels approval for suggested title and multiple level late fee slabs required in Koha

Bob Birchall @ Calyx
That functionality does not presently exist in Koha. The use case you propose would be quite marginal for the majority of Koha users.
I recommend that you simplify procedures at your library. It will save time and money.
Alternatively, you could keep an approvals register outside of Koha.
Regards,
Bob Birchall
Calyx