Multi language item types, branch names, sysprefs value, authorised values, and permission descriptions

Multi language item types, branch names, sysprefs value, authorised values, and permission descriptions

massoud alshareef
Hello Jonathan,

Last year with Koha 3.22 came a nice feature to enable Koha libraries to add another description in another language to the following policies' names:
item types, branch names, sysprefs value, authorised values, and permission descriptions

Enabling this translation feature was implemented with item types description only. When we asked then about the other policies, it was told then that they will follow in upcoming releases. Koha 16.xx then came out, with all its subsequent major/ minor releases following, and this feature do not seem to be placed in the development list to be extended to other policies as promised.

I just wonder if we should expect the extension of this feature to enable multi language support of other policies' names sometime soon.

Thanks,
Massoud M. AlShareef
KnowledgeWare

Re: Multi language item types, branch names, sysprefs value, authorised values, and permission descriptions

Jonathan Druart
Hello Massoud,

As far as I know there is nothing planned yet.
If you really want it, you can hire a developer to implement what you want.
Note that bug 17762 will allow to translate notices.

Regards,
Jonathan