Migrating Koha database from version 3.18 to 19.11?

Migrating Koha database from version 3.18 to 19.11?

Quỳnh Vũ Đỗ
Hello everyone

Our library has been using a Vietnamized version of Koha 3.18 since mid
2014, running on Ubuntu server 14.04 LTS. No upgrade of the system has been
made since and the server had a hardware problem (mainboard) last February.

We have a mysqldump of the Koha database (size about 1,8 GB).

So what we are trying to do is to install the latest Koha version (19.11)
on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS (Desktop) and then to replenish the empty
Koha tables through SQL inserts in the tables using sql exports of the
related fields from the old database. For that we have been comparing the
structure of the tables of Koha 3.18 and 19.11 with the tool provided at
http://schema.koha-community.org/

Can this way of proceeding, although tedious it might be, be successful or
not ?
If not, could someone have suggestions ?
Thanks for your attention.
Quynh
=================
M. Vũ Đỗ Quỳnh (Ph.D)
Trường Đại học Thăng Long - Université de Thang Long - Thang Long
University (Hanoi, Vietnam)
Phó Hiệu Trưởng, phụ trách HTQT - Vice-recteur chargé de la coopération
internationale - Vice-Rector in charge of International Cooperation
Web: http://thanglong.edu.vn/

Re: Migrating Koha database from version 3.18 to 19.11?

Philippe Blouin
I would not do such partial loading, it won't work.

You're much better just loading the whole dump, replacing whatever
default database your 19.11 installation created.

Then manually run updatedatabase.pl or even simpler, follow the
instructions when connecting to Koha, it'll run the update from the UI.

This will be very fast.

Regards,

Philippe Blouin,
Directeur de la technologie

Tél.  : (833) 465-4276, poste 230
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>
On 2020-05-14 10:16 a.m., Quỳnh Vũ Đỗ wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> Our library has been using a Vietnamized version of Koha 3.18 since mid
> 2014, running on Ubuntu server 14.04 LTS. No upgrade of the system has been
> made since and the server had a hardware problem (mainboard) last February.
>
> We have a mysqldump of the Koha database (size about 1,8 GB).
>
> So what we are trying to do is to install the latest Koha version (19.11)
> on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS (Desktop) and then to replenish the empty
> Koha tables through SQL inserts in the tables using sql exports of the
> related fields from the old database. For that we have been comparing the
> structure of the tables of Koha 3.18 and 19.11 with the tool provided at
> http://schema.koha-community.org/
>
> Can this way of proceeding, although tedious it might be, be successful or
> not ?
> If not, could someone have suggestions ?
> Thanks for your attention.
> Quynh
> =================
> M. Vũ Đỗ Quỳnh (Ph.D)
> Trường Đại học Thăng Long - Université de Thang Long - Thang Long
> University (Hanoi, Vietnam)
> Phó Hiệu Trưởng, phụ trách HTQT - Vice-recteur chargé de la coopération
> internationale - Vice-Rector in charge of International Cooperation
> Web: http://thanglong.edu.vn/

Re: Migrating Koha database from version 3.18 to 19.11?

How lucky you are to have gotten this hardware problem, you will have
the lastest Koha version :)

You only need to reinstall the system, install Koha using the debian
packages, drop and recreate the DB, inject your dump into the empty
DB.
Restart the koha-common service, hit the intranet page and you will
get through the upgrade process.

Please don't do anything else than that, you don't need do! :)
Enjoy

Le jeu. 14 mai 2020 à 16:16, Quỳnh Vũ Đỗ <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hello everyone
>
> Our library has been using a Vietnamized version of Koha 3.18 since mid
> 2014, running on Ubuntu server 14.04 LTS. No upgrade of the system has been
> made since and the server had a hardware problem (mainboard) last February.
>
> We have a mysqldump of the Koha database (size about 1,8 GB).
>
> So what we are trying to do is to install the latest Koha version (19.11)
> on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS (Desktop) and then to replenish the empty
> Koha tables through SQL inserts in the tables using sql exports of the
> related fields from the old database. For that we have been comparing the
> structure of the tables of Koha 3.18 and 19.11 with the tool provided at
> http://schema.koha-community.org/
>
> Can this way of proceeding, although tedious it might be, be successful or
> not ?
> If not, could someone have suggestions ?
> Thanks for your attention.
> Quynh
> =================
> M. Vũ Đỗ Quỳnh (Ph.D)
> Trường Đại học Thăng Long - Université de Thang Long - Thang Long
> University (Hanoi, Vietnam)
> Phó Hiệu Trưởng, phụ trách HTQT - Vice-recteur chargé de la coopération
> internationale - Vice-Rector in charge of International Cooperation
> Web: http://thanglong.edu.vn/

Re: Migrating Koha database from version 3.18 to 19.11?

tuxflow.de
Ah, wonderful, very nice. Do existing entries need to be repaired?

Or is there a converter? Thanks for the info!

Am 14.05.20 um 16:16 schrieb Quỳnh Vũ Đỗ:

> Hello everyone
>
> Our library has been using a Vietnamized version of Koha 3.18 since mid
> 2014, running on Ubuntu server 14.04 LTS. No upgrade of the system has been
> made since and the server had a hardware problem (mainboard) last February.
>
> We have a mysqldump of the Koha database (size about 1,8 GB).
>
> So what we are trying to do is to install the latest Koha version (19.11)
> on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS (Desktop) and then to replenish the empty
> Koha tables through SQL inserts in the tables using sql exports of the
> related fields from the old database. For that we have been comparing the
> structure of the tables of Koha 3.18 and 19.11 with the tool provided at
> http://schema.koha-community.org/
>
> Can this way of proceeding, although tedious it might be, be successful or
> not ?
> If not, could someone have suggestions ?
> Thanks for your attention.
> Quynh
> =================
> M. Vũ Đỗ Quỳnh (Ph.D)
> Trường Đại học Thăng Long - Université de Thang Long - Thang Long
> University (Hanoi, Vietnam)
> Phó Hiệu Trưởng, phụ trách HTQT - Vice-recteur chargé de la coopération
> internationale - Vice-Rector in charge of International Cooperation
> Web: http://thanglong.edu.vn/

Re: Migrating Koha database from version 3.18 to 19.11?

tuxflow.de
oh wrong thread, sorry

Am 14.05.20 um 18:07 schrieb [hidden email]:

> Ah, wonderful, very nice. Do existing entries need to be repaired?
>
> Or is there a converter? Thanks for the info!
>
> Am 14.05.20 um 16:16 schrieb Quỳnh Vũ Đỗ:
>> Hello everyone
>>
>> Our library has been using a Vietnamized version of Koha 3.18 since mid
>> 2014, running on Ubuntu server 14.04 LTS. No upgrade of the system has
>> been
>> made since and the server had a hardware problem (mainboard) last
>> February.
>>
>> We have a mysqldump of the Koha database (size about 1,8 GB).
>>
>> So what we are trying to do is to install the latest Koha version (19.11)
>> on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS (Desktop) and then to replenish the empty
>> Koha tables through SQL inserts in the tables using sql exports of the
>> related fields from the old database. For that we have been comparing the
>> structure of the tables of Koha 3.18 and 19.11 with the tool provided at
>> http://schema.koha-community.org/
>>
>> Can this way of proceeding, although tedious it might be, be
>> successful or
>> not ?
>> If not, could someone have suggestions ?
>> Thanks for your attention.
>> Quynh
>> M. Vũ Đỗ Quỳnh (Ph.D)
>> Trường Đại học Thăng Long - Université de Thang Long - Thang Long
>> University (Hanoi, Vietnam)
>> Phó Hiệu Trưởng, phụ trách HTQT - Vice-recteur chargé de la coopération
>> internationale - Vice-Rector in charge of International Cooperation
>> Web: http://thanglong.edu.vn/

tuxflow.de, das andere Hosting!