Merge Bib Records - Where is the Merge Button?

Merge Bib Records - Where is the Merge Button?

zefanja
Hello,

maybe I'm blind, but I can't find the button to merge records. The
manual says to search for a record, select the ones you want to merge
and click the Button "Merge selected" at the top. But I don't see that
button. I'm using version 18.05

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Stephan

Re: Merge Bib Records - Where is the Merge Button?

Michael Kuhn
Hi Stephan

 > maybe I'm blind, but I can't find the button to merge records. The
 > manual says to search for a record, select the ones you want to merge
 > and click the Button "Merge selected" at the top. But I don't see that
 > button. I'm using version 18.05

You need to search in Koha menu "Cataloging" using the "Cataloging
search" (NOT "Search the catalogue"!). In the search result you need to
select the boxes at the left of the records you want to merge. Finally
you click the button "Merge selected" at the top of the results page and
start merging.

The process is also described here:
https://catalyst.net.nz/blog/koha-tips-and-tricks-2

Hope this helps.

Best wishes: Michael
T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 · E [hidden email] · W www.adminkuhn.ch

Re: Merge Bib Records - Where is the Merge Button?

zefanja
Ho Michael,
> You need to search in Koha menu "Cataloging" using the "Cataloging
> search" (NOT "Search the catalogue"!). In the search result you need to
> select the boxes at the left of the records you want to merge. Finally
> you click the button "Merge selected" at the top of the results page and
> start merging.

Thanks! That did the trick!

Regards,
Stephan

Re: Merge Bib Records - Where is the Merge Button?

barton
On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 4:42 AM, Michael Kuhn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Stephan
>
> > maybe I'm blind, but I can't find the button to merge records. The
> > manual says to search for a record, select the ones you want to merge
> > and click the Button "Merge selected" at the top. But I don't see that
> > button. I'm using version 18.05
>
> You need to search in Koha menu "Cataloging" using the "Cataloging search"
> (NOT "Search the catalogue"!). In the search result you need to select the
> boxes at the left of the records you want to merge. Finally you click the
> button "Merge selected" at the top of the results page and start merging.

 Oh man, that would have been the *perfect* example in my "Designing
software for supportability" talk at Kohacon.

--Barton

Re: Merge Bib Records - Where is the Merge Button?

Elaine Bradtke-3
Maybe that ought to be added to the manual.
Elaine Bradtke
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)
Registered Company No. 297142