MARCOrgCode

Nadel Catura
Is MARCOrgCode required in the system?

Unfortunately, when I visited the site:
http://www.loc.gov/marc/organizations/org-search.php

it did not give any result on our Library.
How can we have our own MARCOrgCode?

Is there any registration needed to have our own value of MARCOrgCode?

Please Help.

Re: MARCOrgCode

Galen Charlton-2
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM, Nadel
Catura<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is MARCOrgCode required in the system?

No.

> Unfortunately, when I visited the site:
> http://www.loc.gov/marc/organizations/org-search.php
>
> it did not give any result on our Library.
> How can we have our own MARCOrgCode?
>
> Is there any registration needed to have our own value of MARCOrgCode?

This a really optional, but if you want a code, you can register a new
one by submitting a request per the instructions at

http://www.loc.gov/marc/organizations/orgshome.html#requests

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton

Re: MARCOrgCode

Agnes Rivers-Moore
Hi
We are in Canada, and we don't use Library of Congress codes, but the
code from our Ontario inter library loan system.
As far as I can tell, any code will do, although it would be best to
make sure nobody else is using the same code. Your MARC frameworks use
this code to auto-fill the 040 field in new MARC records, but you can
turn this off (make the field not mandatory).
Agnes

--

Agnes Rivers-Moore
Assistant Librarian