Looking for z39.50-servers

Lars Helbo
Hi!

Most of our books are Danish and i have a handful of very good z39.50-servers, where I can find them for cataloguing.

However, in the library we also have a few German and English books. It is mainly children's books. I know:

http://irspy.indexdata.com/

and I have tried to find English and German servers there, but i wonder if somebody has an advice as to which server to use? I think it should be a big public library, where the server works well.

Lars Jørgen Helbo

 Tlf: (+45) 8696-9315 | Mobil: (+45) 6133-9315

[hidden email] | www.helbo.org

Re: Looking for z39.50-servers

Hal Bright
We use the following with great success.
ACCESS PA    205.247.101.11:210
CHESTERFIELD PL (VA)    library.co.chesterfield.va.us:210
FLATIRONS CONSORTIUM (CO)    nell.boulder.lib.co.us:210
JEFF COUNTY LIBRARY (CO)    198.59.31.5:210
KANSAS CITY PL    kcmo.sirsi.net:2500
LION (CT)    catalog.lioninc.org:210
MORE (WI PL CONSORTIUM)    www.more.lib.wi.us:210

If you need more settings for any of those, just email me.
Hal

Re: Looking for z39.50-servers

Agnes Rivers-Moore
Hello Lars

If you are looking for UK publications rather than USA, you may be able
to sign up for Z39.50 access to The British Library. Here's a contact.
When we signed up, you needed to contact them to get approval and they
would send the appropriate Z39.50 settings to you.

*John Lowery**
**Online Systems Analyst**
**Metadata Services*

*THE BRITISH LIBRARY**
**Boston Spa**
**WETHERBY**
**West Yorkshire**
**LS23 7BQ**
**United Kingdom**

**www.bl.uk*

*T +44 (0) 1937 546551**
**F +44 (0) 1937 546586**
**[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>*

HTH
Agnes

On 06/10/2011 6:56 AM, Lars J. Helbo wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Most of our books are Danish and i have a handful of very good
> z39.50-servers, where I can find them for cataloguing.
>
> However, in the library we also have a few German and English books.
> It is mainly children's books. I know:
>
> http://irspy.indexdata.com/
>
> and I have tried to find English and German servers there, but i
> wonder if somebody has an advice as to which server to use? I think it
> should be a big public library, where the server works well.
>
> *Lars Jørgen Helbo*
>
> Tlf: (+45) 8696-9315 | Mobil: (+45) 6133-9315
>
> [hidden email] | www.helbo.org
>
> Get a signature like this.
> <http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=17&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_17>
> CLICK HERE.
> <http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=17&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_17>
>
> --
> This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.astaro.com

CEO/ Chief Librarian
Hanover Public Library.
451 10th Ave,
Hanover, ON
N4N 2P1

Tel: 519-364-1420
Email: [hidden email]

Please consider the environment before printing this message or attachments.

Support your library! Please consider making a donation, joining the Friends of the Library, or remembering us in your will.