Look for records with specific info in a mark field

Look for records with specific info in a mark field

Alvaro Cornejo
Hi

How can I do a MySQL search for all the records/items with an specific
value in an specific marc field Xx?

I've looked at the bilblio and related tables but I'm unable to find a
table with marcs fields info. I saw some marcxml fields however; are marc
values stored there and I need to xlmparse that info to get an specific
value?

Regards

Alvaro

Re: Look for records with specific info in a mark field

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Alvaro,

yes, Koha stores the complete record as MARCXML and only some fields are
mapped to database columns. You can see the mappings in Administration >
Koha to MARC mappings. Be careful, after changing it you need to run a
script to populate database fields correctly. The MARC record is stored
in either biblioitems.marcxml (older versions) or
biblio_metadata.metadata (current versions) and can be queried using the
ExtractValue function. You can find examples in the reports library on
the wiki:

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library#Query_MARC

Hope this helps,

Katrin

On 04.12.2017 21:03, Alvaro Cornejo wrote:

> Hi
>
> How can I do a MySQL search for all the records/items with an specific
> value in an specific marc field Xx?
>
> I've looked at the bilblio and related tables but I'm unable to find a
> table with marcs fields info. I saw some marcxml fields however; are marc
> values stored there and I need to xlmparse that info to get an specific
> value?
>
> Regards
>
> Alvaro

Re: Look for records with specific info in a mark field

barton
Good answer, Katrin!