Location to store text files and images in Koha

Location to store text files and images in Koha

Jack Boulier
I am sure that this question has been asked a thousand times, but I am unable to locate an answer in the archives, or I am seeking the answer with the wrong terminology.
I want to have links on the home page that retrieves the web page and displays to the screen. I am able to call the links to display information from a separate server, and have the text files display when hosted on a second server. But cannot locate them when hosted on the same server.
I need to be able to store files on my local Koha server to be accessed from the Koha Home page. I don't know how to get the OPAC NAV to find the documents using http://localhost/path/document
I want this to be a permanent location so that updates to the software do not over written the files each time. I would also like to display images of new acquisitions on the home page.
Any help would be appreciated.
I am using Ubuntu Xenial and Koha 17.11.03. The other features of Koha work correctly/
Thanks,Jack

Re: Location to store text files and images in Koha

Indranil Das Gupta
On 03-Mar-2018 4:57 AM, "Jack Boulier" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I need to be able to store files on my local Koha server to be accessed
from the Koha Home page. I don't know how to get the OPAC NAV to find the
documents using http://localhost/path/document

The OPAC documentroot is located at /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs. That said,
be careful when you access that location, a wrong file / folder deletion
could accidentally see you wiping out your OPAC.

Typically I would create a folder under that location and run with that.

I want this to be a permanent location so that updates to the software do
not over written the files each time.

It won't be overwritten.

I would also like to display images of new acquisitions on the home page.
Any help would be appreciated.

Look up the CoverFlow plugin.

Hope this helps
Indranil Das Gupta