Library Summary / Stats - Report Page - Help

Library Summary / Stats - Report Page - Help

satishamv
Dear All,

I have a suggestion or expectation in koha regarding library summary.

a default page dedicated to "library summary" which is in-built in koha
(may be inside reports) and  gives:

1. No.of Non Repetitive Titles (which means records) : 0000
2. No. of books (items): 0000
3. No. of books issued / checked out (as on date): 0000
4. No. of Active Patrons Cards: 0000
5. No. of De-activated/ Expired Patrons Cards: 0000
6. Total Expenditure on Books: 0000 (in respective currencies)

"Example:  http://eprints.iisc.ernet.in/  | Number of publications in the
repository: 44108"

Instead of running separate sql queries which are commonly needed,
repetitive in requirements as a "*ready reference*", could be displayed in
a single summary page or "about library", and this should not be created
manually, and could be generated from the script itself.   This also helps
during library inspection committee visits, auditing takes place, whenever
reporting is required for the stake holders, etc..

If this facility is already available, kindly let me know, how to achieve
this.

Otherwise, kindly consider this as a suggestion.

With thanks
Satish MV
Librarain
Govt. Engineering College, Hassan.
Karnataka.
www.gechassan.ac.in

Re: Library Summary / Stats - Report Page - Help

Indranil Das Gupta
Hi Satish,

From your email it is not clear *where* you want it - (a) OPAC or (b) staff
client

Regards
idg
On Jun 1, 2017 1:28 PM, "SATISH" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have a suggestion or expectation in koha regarding library summary.
>
> a default page dedicated to "library summary" which is in-built in koha
> (may be inside reports) and  gives:
>
> 1. No.of Non Repetitive Titles (which means records) : 0000
> 2. No. of books (items): 0000
> 3. No. of books issued / checked out (as on date): 0000
> 4. No. of Active Patrons Cards: 0000
> 5. No. of De-activated/ Expired Patrons Cards: 0000
> 6. Total Expenditure on Books: 0000 (in respective currencies)
>
> "Example:  http://eprints.iisc.ernet.in/  | Number of publications in the
> repository: 44108"
>
> Instead of running separate sql queries which are commonly needed,
> repetitive in requirements as a "*ready reference*", could be displayed in
> a single summary page or "about library", and this should not be created
> manually, and could be generated from the script itself.   This also helps
> during library inspection committee visits, auditing takes place, whenever
> reporting is required for the stake holders, etc..
>
> If this facility is already available, kindly let me know, how to achieve
> this.
>
> Otherwise, kindly consider this as a suggestion.
>
> With thanks
> Satish MV
> Librarain
> Govt. Engineering College, Hassan.
> Karnataka.
> www.gechassan.ac.in

Re: Library Summary / Stats - Report Page - Help

satishamv
Hi Indranil,

I am looking for this option, in Staff Client under "Reports" or wherever
it is relevant.
Specifically, it is required by Library staff /  administrators and should
not be visible by patrons.

-Satish

On 1 June 2017 at 14:02, Indranil Das Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Satish,
>
> From your email it is not clear *where* you want it - (a) OPAC or (b)
> staff client
>
> Regards
> idg
> On Jun 1, 2017 1:28 PM, "SATISH" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I have a suggestion or expectation in koha regarding library summary.
>>
>> a default page dedicated to "library summary" which is in-built in koha
>> (may be inside reports) and  gives:
>>
>> 1. No.of Non Repetitive Titles (which means records) : 0000
>> 2. No. of books (items): 0000
>> 3. No. of books issued / checked out (as on date): 0000
>> 4. No. of Active Patrons Cards: 0000
>> 5. No. of De-activated/ Expired Patrons Cards: 0000
>> 6. Total Expenditure on Books: 0000 (in respective currencies)
>>
>> "Example:  http://eprints.iisc.ernet.in/  | Number of publications in the
>> repository: 44108"
>>
>> Instead of running separate sql queries which are commonly needed,
>> repetitive in requirements as a "*ready reference*", could be displayed in
>> a single summary page or "about library", and this should not be created
>> manually, and could be generated from the script itself.   This also helps
>> during library inspection committee visits, auditing takes place, whenever
>> reporting is required for the stake holders, etc..
>>
>> If this facility is already available, kindly let me know, how to achieve
>> this.
>>
>> Otherwise, kindly consider this as a suggestion.
>>
>> With thanks
>> Satish MV
>> Librarain
>> Govt. Engineering College, Hassan.
>> Karnataka.
>> www.gechassan.ac.in

Re: Library Summary / Stats - Report Page - Help

Indranil Das Gupta
It should be quite easy to implement as a Koha plugin, since one of the
modes it a Koha plugin works is as a report

-idg
On Jun 1, 2017 3:36 PM, "SATISH" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Indranil,
>
> I am looking for this option, in Staff Client under "Reports" or wherever
> it is relevant.
> Specifically, it is required by Library staff /  administrators and should
> not be visible by patrons.
>
> -Satish
>
> On 1 June 2017 at 14:02, Indranil Das Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Satish,
>>
>> From your email it is not clear *where* you want it - (a) OPAC or (b)
>> staff client
>>
>> Regards
>> idg
>> On Jun 1, 2017 1:28 PM, "SATISH" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> I have a suggestion or expectation in koha regarding library summary.
>>>
>>> a default page dedicated to "library summary" which is in-built in koha
>>> (may be inside reports) and  gives:
>>>
>>> 1. No.of Non Repetitive Titles (which means records) : 0000
>>> 2. No. of books (items): 0000
>>> 3. No. of books issued / checked out (as on date): 0000
>>> 4. No. of Active Patrons Cards: 0000
>>> 5. No. of De-activated/ Expired Patrons Cards: 0000
>>> 6. Total Expenditure on Books: 0000 (in respective currencies)
>>>
>>> "Example:  http://eprints.iisc.ernet.in/  | Number of publications in
>>> the
>>> repository: 44108"
>>>
>>> Instead of running separate sql queries which are commonly needed,
>>> repetitive in requirements as a "*ready reference*", could be displayed
>>> in
>>> a single summary page or "about library", and this should not be created
>>> manually, and could be generated from the script itself.   This also
>>> helps
>>> during library inspection committee visits, auditing takes place,
>>> whenever
>>> reporting is required for the stake holders, etc..
>>>
>>> If this facility is already available, kindly let me know, how to achieve
>>> this.
>>>
>>> Otherwise, kindly consider this as a suggestion.
>>>
>>> With thanks
>>> Satish MV
>>> Librarain
>>> Govt. Engineering College, Hassan.
>>> Karnataka.
>>> www.gechassan.ac.in

Re: Library Summary / Stats - Report Page - Help

Magnus Enger
Hi!

Quite recently I started work on a plugin that aims to do more or less
what Satish wants, I think. I have dubbed it Overview:
https://github.com/Libriotech/koha-plugin-overview/

Please note: This is just a side project, started to get more familiar
with writing Koha plugins, but with the aim of eventually producing
something useful. I will not be able to devote a lot of time to it
(unless someone feels like sponsoring it :-).

It is also *very* early for this work, there is just a main page with
some some numbers and one detail page for items (which does include
some graphs). There is still much work to be done on adding more
numbers, making things look good etc.

That being said, there should be no harm in installing it and having a
look. The latest .kpz file is available from here:
https://github.com/Libriotech/koha-plugin-overview/releases

And the good news is that pull requests are welcome! If people want to
use Github issues to report stats that they think should be included,
that would also be most welcome.

Best reagrds,
Magnus Enger
Libriotech

On 1 June 2017 at 12:11, Indranil Das Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It should be quite easy to implement as a Koha plugin, since one of the
> modes it a Koha plugin works is as a report
>
> -idg
> On Jun 1, 2017 3:36 PM, "SATISH" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Indranil,
>>
>> I am looking for this option, in Staff Client under "Reports" or wherever
>> it is relevant.
>> Specifically, it is required by Library staff /  administrators and should
>> not be visible by patrons.
>>
>> -Satish
>>
>> On 1 June 2017 at 14:02, Indranil Das Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Satish,
>>>
>>> From your email it is not clear *where* you want it - (a) OPAC or (b)
>>> staff client
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> idg

Re: Library Summary / Stats - Report Page - Help

Indranil Das Gupta
Satish,

Just a heads-up: Magnus's plug-in requires Koha 16.11 and above and IIRC
you are on 16.05.

regards
idg

--
Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies

Phone : +91-98300-20971
WWW  : http://www.l2c2.co.in
Blog    : http://blog.l2c2.co.in
IRC     : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg

On 1 June 2017 at 21:56, Indranil Das Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Just a heads-up: Magnus's plug-in requires Koha 16.11 and above and IIRC you
> are on 16.05.

Yeah, sorry about that. I have not tested this much yet. I based my
plugin on the KitchenSink plugin, and the 16.11 requirement was
carried over from there. It looks like I might actually have used
Bootstrap to format things in a way that only works in something very
close to master. I'll have to look more into that when I can find the
time. Also, there is some Unicode problem I have not figured out yet.
This is definitely work in progress! :-)

Best regards,
Magnus
Libriotech