[Koha-zebra] [adam@indexdata.dk: [Yazlist] YAZ 2.1.12 available]

Mike Taylor-2
Paul, please try using this YAZ, then tell me how your ZOOM-Perl
command-line program works.

Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 12:10:34 +0100
From: Adam Dickmeiss <[hidden email]>
To: "Discussion on the YAZ Z39.50 toolkit" <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Yazlist] YAZ 2.1.12 available
Sender: [hidden email]

YAZ 2.1.12 is available . Changes since 2.1.10:

Fixed bug in yaz_oi_update which uesd incorrect value for categoryValue.

The ZOOM socket code uses select instead of poll on MacOSX.

ZOOM-C now support client-side compilation of CQL into RPN that is
sent to the server, enabling CQL to be used against all Z39.50
servers.  Use ZOOM_query_cql2rpn() to set the compiled CQL into a
ZOOM_query object, and submit it using ZOOM_connection_search().
The CQL-to-RPN translation uses a configuration file, the name of
which must be specified in the Connection's "cqlfile" option.

ZOOM-C also support CQL scanning, via the new ZOOM_connection_scan1()
function, which takes as its start-term parameter a ZOOM_query object
(which may have had either CQL or RPN set into it).

(there are other minor fixes, use CVS to discover those).

/ Adam

Re: [Koha-zebra] [adam@indexdata.dk: [Yazlist] YAZ 2.1.12 available]

Paul POULAIN-2
Mike Taylor a écrit :
> Paul, please try using this YAZ, then tell me how your ZOOM-Perl
> command-line program works.

youpi ! It works better. (It works in fact ;-) )

QUERY : test at ./test_cql2rpn.pl line 10.
ICI at ./test_cql2rpn.pl line 15.
LA at ./test_cql2rpn.pl line 17.
Q : ZOOM::Query::CQL2RPN=HASH(0x80eb624) at ./test_cql2rpn.pl line 20.

NOTE to everybody on the list :
* download yaz 2.1.12 & recompile it
AND
* recompile zebra
AND
* recompile Perl-ZOOM
--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants

Re: [Koha-zebra] [adam@indexdata.dk: [Yazlist] YAZ 2.1.12 available]

Mike Taylor-2
> Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 14:40:11 +0100
> From: Paul POULAIN <[hidden email]>
>
> Mike Taylor a écrit :
> > Paul, please try using this YAZ, then tell me how your ZOOM-Perl
> > command-line program works.
>
> youpi ! It works better. (It works in fact ;-) )

Excellent!  Sorry for the delay, glad we're running now.

> QUERY : test at ./test_cql2rpn.pl line 10.
> ICI at ./test_cql2rpn.pl line 15.
> LA at ./test_cql2rpn.pl line 17.
> Q : ZOOM::Query::CQL2RPN=HASH(0x80eb624) at ./test_cql2rpn.pl line 20.
>
> NOTE to everybody on the list :
> * download yaz 2.1.12 & recompile it
> AND
> * recompile zebra
> AND
> * recompile Perl-ZOOM

(For what it's worth, you don't need to recompile Zebra with the new
YAZ.  But doing so certainly won't hurt and could be seen as good
housekeeping.)

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <[hidden email]>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "Before you were born your parents weren't as boring as they
         are now.  They got that way paying your bills, cleaning up your
         room and listening to you tell them how idealistic you are" --
         Charles J. Sykes' advice to teenagers.