Koha on a Raspberry Pi

David Nind
Hi everyone.

Has anyone been able to successfully get Koha working on a Raspberry Pi
recently?

If you have, could you share how you did it?

Thanks.

(Asking for a query from Twitter - they would like to use it as a demo for
a library group meeting.)

David Nind | [hidden email]
PO Box 12367, Thorndon, Wellington, New Zealand 6144
m. +64 21 0537 847

Re: Koha on a Raspberry Pi

Chris Cormack-7
Hi David

It's been done before, you will definitely need to have it running plack

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_a_Raspberry_Pi

and

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_a_Raspberry_Pi_2

If the pi is running debian already then its quite easy

Chris

* David Nind ([hidden email]) wrote:

>Hi everyone.
>
>Has anyone been able to successfully get Koha working on a Raspberry Pi
>recently?
>
>If you have, could you share how you did it?
>
>Thanks.
>
>(Asking for a query from Twitter - they would like to use it as a demo for
>a library group meeting.)
>

>David Nind | [hidden email]
>PO Box 12367, Thorndon, Wellington, New Zealand 6144
>m. +64 21 0537 847
Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.
+64 4 803 2238

Re: Koha on a Raspberry Pi

David Nind
Thanks Chris.

Will pass them along and see if they help.

David

On 17 April 2018 at 07:50, Chris Cormack <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi David
> It's been done before, you will definitely need to have it running plack
>
> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_a_Raspberry_Pi
>
> and
>
> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_a_Raspberry_Pi_2
>
> If the pi is running debian already then its quite easy
>
> Chris
>

> * David Nind ([hidden email]) wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone.
>>
>> Has anyone been able to successfully get Koha working on a Raspberry Pi
>> recently?
>>
>> If you have, could you share how you did it?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> (Asking for a query from Twitter - they would like to use it as a demo for
>> a library group meeting.)
>>

>> David Nind | [hidden email]
>> PO Box 12367, Thorndon, Wellington, New Zealand 6144
>> m. +64 21 0537 847

> Chris Cormack
> Catalyst IT Ltd.
> +64 4 803 2238
> PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington 6142, New Zealand

Re: Koha on a Raspberry Pi

King, Fred
Glad to have that confirmed. I'm part of a panel on "My Favorite Tool" at the (US) Medical Library Association's annual meeting next month and I have three minutes to convince the audience (and the judges--it's taking for format of a game show competition) that Koha is the bestest most magnificentest library tool ever. I'm planning to hold up a Raspberry Pi and wave it around a bit; it's good to know I'll be telling the truth. :-)

Fred King
202-877-6670
ORCID 0000-0001-5266-0279
MedStar Authors Catalog: http://medstarauthors.org

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
--Douglas Adams