Koha Perl script for re-indexing

Mr Mutsikiwa Admire
Hi

I have three instances of Koha system  that have been upgraded to Koha
17.05 that are giving issues with re-indexing and have to manually run
/usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -v -b -x -r  to
recreate a full index.

  I am thinking of having a script that will be accessible to
superlibrarian via a link in the Koha staff interface that when clicked
will run the command above. Any pointers on what  I may have to do to
achieve that would be greatly appreciated.

--

Kind Regards,

Admire Mutsikiwa (Mr)
ICT Manager
Libraries
University of Zimbabwe
Tel:+263-4-303276
Mob:+263782476883

“It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the
consequences of dodging our responsibilities.”  Josiah Charles Stamp

Re: Koha Perl script for re-indexing

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Admire,

I think you could maybe write a plugin to achieve this, but at the same
time I would strongly recommend figuring out the source of your problem
as this should not be necessary. Could it be that the permissions on the
index files are not correct? I notice you are using the rebulid_zebra.pl
script instead of using the package command
koha-rebuld-zebra -f <instance>

Hope that helps,

Katrin