[Koha] Koha fails to authenticate against a secured CAS server

[Koha] Koha fails to authenticate against a secured CAS server

aurusa
Hello everyone,
Lately I tried to connect koha with a CAS server for testing purpose
and everything seemed to work fine but when I tried to use a secured
CAS server url for koha, the login keeps on failing and returns me to
the koha login page with an invalid error msg 'Sorry, the CAS login
failed.'
am I doing something wrong here?

Note: for an insecured CAS login url, both secured/insecured koha
login works fine but it fails in both cases if i use a secured CAS
url.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

--
Auninda Rumy Saleque
Asst. System Programmer

Re: [Koha] Koha fails to authenticate against a secured CAS server

paul POULAIN-3
Le 07/12/2011 05:01, Auninda Rumy Saleque a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
Hello Auninda (should I say Rumy ? Saleque ?), and welcome on board,
it's the 1st post I see from you.

> Note: for an insecured CAS login url, both secured/insecured koha
> login works fine but it fails in both cases if i use a secured CAS
> url.
What do you call a "secured CAS url" ? We (BibLibre) have a customer
running Koha with a CAS server (it's not koha-community/master yet -they
should upgrade in 2012-), and it work fine. So some details are welcomed !

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com

Re: [Koha] Koha fails to authenticate against a secured CAS server

aurusa
Hi Paul,
Thankx for the welcoming gesture. You can call me auninda. yea, this
is my first post here in the developers group.

What do you call a "secured CAS url" ?

well, i can access my cas server over a secured mode i.e. https or in
normal http mode. this is what i meant as secured/not-secured CAS urls
that i put in the 'casServerUrl' preference box of koha. in my case,
under the 'casServerUrl' preference i am putting my cas server link
(http://internal_cas_ip:8080/cas) which helps me login to some koha
user using cas authentication. but if the link is an https link
(https://internal_cas_ip:8443/cas), i am being returned to the koha
login page with this message 'sorry, the cas login failed.'  and also
the returned url looks something like this:
'http://192.168.2.95/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl?ticket=ST-48-tfCtNe4BxN5ejOj5qelb-cas'

Note: i am also using cas over https with drupal and it is working
fine. so i am guessing i am putting/doing something wrong while
configuring koha in combination with CAS.

Thankx

On 12/7/11, Paul Poulain <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 07/12/2011 05:01, Auninda Rumy Saleque a écrit :
>> Hello everyone,
> Hello Auninda (should I say Rumy ? Saleque ?), and welcome on board,
> it's the 1st post I see from you.
>
>> Note: for an insecured CAS login url, both secured/insecured koha
>> login works fine but it fails in both cases if i use a secured CAS
>> url.
> What do you call a "secured CAS url" ? We (BibLibre) have a customer
> running Koha with a CAS server (it's not koha-community/master yet -they
> should upgrade in 2012-), and it work fine. So some details are welcomed !
>

> --
> Paul POULAIN
> http://www.biblibre.com
> Expert en Logiciels Libres pour l'info-doc
> Tel : (33) 4 91 81 35 08

Auninda Rumy Saleque
06101003
SECS
BRACU

Le 07/12/2011 10:19, Auninda Rumy Saleque a écrit :

> What do you call a "secured CAS url" ?
>
> well, i can access my cas server over a secured mode i.e. https or in
> normal http mode. this is what i meant as secured/not-secured CAS urls
> that i put in the 'casServerUrl' preference box of koha. in my case,
> under the 'casServerUrl' preference i am putting my cas server link
> (http://internal_cas_ip:8080/cas) which helps me login to some koha
> user using cas authentication. but if the link is an https link
> (https://internal_cas_ip:8443/cas), i am being returned to the koha
> login page with this message 'sorry, the cas login failed.'  and also
> the returned url looks something like this:
> 'http://192.168.2.95/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl?ticket=ST-48-tfCtNe4BxN5ejOj5qelb-cas'
>
> Note: i am also using cas over https with drupal and it is working
> fine. so i am guessing i am putting/doing something wrong while
> configuring koha in combination with CAS.

mmm... that's very strange, because Aix-Marseille universities also have
an https: CAS server, as you can see at
http://catalogue.univ-aix-marseille.fr/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl

do you have a more detailled error message ? is it open (ie: can I test
myself, if it's possible, drop me a valid cas account by mail pls)

PS: you should/could add a bug at bugs.koha-community.org Even if it's a
configuration problem, it will be worth adding it in the doc once we
will have understood/fix the problem !

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com