Koha Help

Layale Bassil
Dear All,

I have previously sent a question about koha 3.10.03 but did not get any feedback. I have installed another version of Koha 3.08.10 maybe this would solve the problems I am having but in vain!

I will show one of the problems and I hope I can get a proposed solution for this:

1-      When I go to the MARC frameworks page (under Administration--> Marc Frameworks), I get the list of frameworks with the first two columns left empty (Code & Description).

2-      If I click on any “Marc Structure” link, I get redirected to the list of fields in the structure but also the columns are empty (Tag, Lib, etc…). But note that the drop down “In framework” found in this page shows the list of frameworks with their names.

3-      If I try to create a new catalog (More --> Cataloging --> New Record) and select any of the available frameworks, the page refreshes but does not show the list of fields to be filled.

I really would like to know your input regarding these problems. It might be a database problem or a simple missing settings while installing.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Layale.

Re: Koha Help

Zeno Tajoli-2
Dear Layale,

which language do you use during installation ?
Which MARC ?
Your problem with marc framwork are quite strange.

Bye
Zeno Tajoli

--
Dr. Zeno Tajoli
Dipartimento Gestione delle Informazioni e della Conoscenza

Re: Koha Help

Sander898
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Koha Help

Layale Bassil
Hello Sander,

Well thanks a lot for your reply. You are right, I guess it is a database issue. In fact I got the Koha 3.8 version from this link: http://download.koha-community.org/koha-3.08.10.tar.gz. Someone helped me installing it. Can you please just explain to me how can I delete the database and make a new one and use the Web Interface to redo the installation and from where I can install all the samples?

Thanks again.

Regards.

Layale Bassil
Software Engineer – Business Analyst
IT Solutions Delivery Department

American University of Beirut
Office of Information Technology
P.O.Box 11-0236
Riad El-Solh, Beirut 1107 2020, Lebanon
T: +961 (1) 350000 x 3649 | M: +961 (03) 929876
E: [hidden email]

W . Fb . Fl . T . Y . L . IT

Think Green... Keep it on the Screen… Save a Tree...

Re: Koha Help

Sander898
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Koha Help

Owen Leonard-4
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Sander898 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> From PhpMyAdmin you can see the database for Koha, you can delete and make a
> new one.

To elaborate, it is being suggested that you drop your Koha database
and reinstall it because a missing default framework indicates some
kind of problem with the original installation process. It is most
definitely not a problem with 3.10.x that will be fixed by downgrading
to 3.8.x.

If you have just started using Koha and it is safe to start your
database over from scratch it might be a good idea. Another option is
to import the default framework manually, but if something went wrong
with your installation there might be other problems with your
database which haven't surfaced.

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries

Re: Koha Help

Chris Cormack-6
Hi

Also in your original mail you said you hadn't found the
documentation, you had seen http://koha-community.org/documentation/
right?