Koha 3.2.7 authority entry is not displaying "Used in" value

Koha 3.2.7 authority entry is not displaying "Used in" value

Indranil Das Gupta
Hi,

I've manually entered as well imported (from LOC) Personal Name Authority records into Koha.

The records are showing up properly and I can use them from 100$a (Main Entry - Personal Name)

However (and even after I rebuild the zebra index with /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -v -b -a -r), the auth records show me "0" for against "Used In"

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

cheers,

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg

Re: Koha 3.2.7 authority entry is not displaying "Used in" value

Henri-Damien LAURENT
Le 06/05/2011 12:01, Indranil Das Gupta a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I've manually entered as well imported (from LOC) Personal Name
> Authority records into Koha.
>
> The records are showing up properly and I can use them from 100$a (Main
> Entry - Personal Name)
>
> However (and even after I rebuild the zebra index with
> /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl
> <http://rebuild_zebra.pl> -v -b -a -r), the auth records show me "0" for
> against "Used In"
>
> Am I missing something or is this a bug?
>
> cheers,

Hi this may be a bug.
But there is an easy workaround:
launch rebuild_zebra either for authorities OR for biblios but not -b -a
all together.
I would mark consider this as minor.

Hope that helps
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT

> --
> Indranil Das Gupta
>
> Phone : +91-98300-20971
> Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
> IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net <http://irc.freenode.net>
> Twitter : indradg

Re: Koha 3.2.7 authority entry is not displaying "Used in" value

Galen Charlton-3

On May 6, 2011, at 6:01 AM, Indranil Das Gupta wrote:
> However (and even after I rebuild the zebra index with /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -v -b -a -r), the auth records show me "0" for against "Used In"
>
> Am I missing something or is this a bug?

You might need to run misc/link_bibs_to_authorities.pl.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
VP, Data Services

Re: Koha 3.2.7 authority entry is not displaying "Used in" value

Indranil Das Gupta

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Galen Charlton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On May 6, 2011, at 6:01 AM, Indranil Das Gupta wrote:
> However (and even after I rebuild the zebra index with /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -v -b -a -r), the auth records show me "0" for against "Used In"
>
> Am I missing something or is this a bug?

You might need to run misc/link_bibs_to_authorities.pl.

Ran it from bin/link_bibs_to_authorities.pl where the .deb installer had placed it. Same as with hdl's suggestion, nothing changes :-(

The output of the linker script is as below (i have just 3 bib records and 2 PN auth entries).

Bib authority heading linking report
------------------------------------
Number of bibs checked:       3
Number of bibs modified:      0
Number of bibs with errors:   0

So what should I try to do now?

cheers,

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg

Re: Koha 3.2.7 authority entry is not displaying "Used in" value

oslo
Hi

I see a lot of people complaining about this and I had trouble with this myself. First off there are bugs in Authorities.pl and Biblio.pm where it does not check to ensure $record or $marc is defined but checks for a value of -1 (I think???) - I'd hope that will be fixed in 3.6

Anyway if you are creating authorities a lot and they don't turn up in an authority search but you can search the opac or do a catalogue search and find biblios with the personal or corporate name e.t.c. attached to it you probably have a similar problem to me.  I suspect it is because reindex_zebra.pl failed and the cleanup_database.pl script kicked in and pruned my failed Authorities (don't know that just suspect it), at the time the rebuild_zebra.pl -z -a -b -v was giving this error :

**** ERROR : "Can't call method "field" on an undefined value at C4/Biblio.pm line 359"

You can verify  by recreating one authority then running bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -z  -a -v

When you search for the authority it will find it with 0 bibs attached.

So to fix this I updated my cron job to do an authorities only re index then run link_bibs_to_authorities.pl then do a biblio only re-index.

This fixed it for me 100%. I run these as a cron job every 2 mins so my koha crontab for that section looks like this.

# ZEBRA INDEX UPDATES with -z option, incremental index updates throughout the day
# for both authorities and bibs
*/2 * * * *  $KOHA_CRON_PATH/../migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -a -z >/dev/null
*/2 * * * *  $KOHA_CRON_PATH/../link_bibs_to_authorities.pl >/dev/null
*/2 * * * *  $KOHA_CRON_PATH/../migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -z >/dev/null

Hope that helps someone

Re: Koha 3.2.7 authority entry is not displaying "Used in" value

mason@kohaaloha
Administrator

On 2011-07-7, at 2:02 AM, oslo wrote:

> Hi
>
> I see a lot of people complaining about this and I had trouble with this
> myself. First off there are bugs in Authorities.pl and Biblio.pm where it
> does not check to ensure $record or $marc is defined but checks for a value
> of -1 (I think???) - I'd hope that will be fixed in 3.6

would you please log a bug for this Peter?

it sounds like a bug worthy of creating a ticket for

PGP.sig (547 bytes) Download Attachment
moo

Re: Koha 3.2.7 authority entry is not displaying "Used in" value

oslo
This post was updated on .
Also link_bibs_to_authorities.pl is broken in a lot of cases, only last week it unlinked all my authorities, fortunately the library only had 500 bibs but it still took me 3 hours to load up 500 bibs via the application and hit the save button.

The only reliable way to link auth_headings and bibs it to do it via addbiblio.pl on the /admin panel.

I'm currently writing a script to traverse the biblioitems table and link bibs to authorities (or create new authorities) in a way that won't remove the $9#100 tagfields on a failed search.

It uses the zebra Simplesearch() function and a lot of other built in functionality built around the Addbiblio.pl and C4::Search.pm scripts.

On 2011-07-12, at 3:48 AM, oslo wrote:

> Also link_bibs_to_authorities.pl is broken in a lot of cases, only last week it unlinked all my authorities, fortunately the library only had 500 bibs but it still took me 3 hours to load up 500 bibs via the application and hit the save button. The only reliable way to link auth_headings and bibs it to do it via addbiblio.pl on the /admin panel.

i am personally curious about this problem...

i successfully used the link_bibs_to_authorities.pl script to link 130,000 auth-records to around 150,000 bibs,

... the script did a pretty good job, with no problems

> I'm currently writing a script to traverse the biblioitems table and link bibs to authorities (or create new authorities) in a way that winr remove the $9#100 tagfields on a failed search. It uses the zebra Simplesearch() function and a lot of other built in functionality built around the Addbiblio.pl and C4::Search.pm scripts.
> oslo wrote:

i would attempt to understand *why and where* your link_bibs_to_authorities.pl script is breaking first
then you can decide to correct that bug, or write your own script from scratch

have you done that step yet?

fyi: if you log your bug, i'll take a look at it...

[SNIP]...

> oslo wrote:
> Hi I see a lot of people complaining about this and I had trouble with this myself. First off there are bugs in Authorities.pl and Biblio.pm where it does not check to ensure $record or $marc is defined but checks for a value of -1 (I think???) - I'd hope that will be fixed in 3.6 Anyway if you are creating authorities a lot and they don't turn up in an authority search but you can search the opac or do a catalogue search and find biblios with the personal or corporate name e.t.c. attached to it you probably have a similar problem to me. I suspect it is because reindex_zebra.pl failed and the cleanup_database.pl script kicked in and pruned my failed Authorities (don't know that just suspect it), at the time the rebuild_zebra.pl -z -a -b -v was giving this error : **** ERROR : "Can't call method "field" on an undefined value at C4/Biblio.pm line 359" You can verify by recreating one authority then running bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -z -a -v When you search for the authority it will find it with 0 bibs attached. So to fix this I updated my cron job to do an authorities only re index then run link_bibs_to_authorities.pl then do a biblio only re-index. This fixed it for me 100%. I run these as a cron job every 2 mins so my koha crontab for that section looks like this. # ZEBRA INDEX UPDATES with -z option, incremental index updates throughout the day # for both authorities and bibs */2 * * * * $KOHA_CRON_PATH/../migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -a -z >/dev/null */2 * * * * $KOHA_CRON_PATH/../link_bibs_to_authorities.pl >/dev/null */2 * * * * $KOHA_CRON_PATH/../migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -z >/dev/null Hope that helps someone

> Sent from the Koha - Discuss mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

cheers, Mason
--
KohaAloha, NZ