Koha 3.0 update for week ending Feb 4th 2006

Koha 3.0 update for week ending Feb 4th 2006

Joshua Ferraro-3
Hi all,

As you're probably aware, our code sprint for Koha 3.0 is underway.
As we approach our goal, I'm going to try to keep everyone well
informed on what's happening by sending a weekly 'Koha 3.0 Update'
email to koha-devel.

In it, I'll summarize what's been done the previous week, what's on tap
for next week, as well as any news items, meeting announcements, etc.
My goal is to do one of these every Saturday from now until Koha 3.0 is
released. To facilitate that, I'd greatly appreciate it if everyone working
on Koha 3.0 jobs (mostly paul, hdl, and chris, but others too) could
summarize what has been done in the past week, and what's on tap for
next week, and send those lists to me by Friday each week. Also, if you
have any news items to announce, I'd be happy to include them ... send 'em
my way.

Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
President, Technology       migration, training, maintenance, support
LibLime                                Featuring Koha Open-Source ILS
[hidden email] |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS

Re: Koha 3.0 update for week ending Feb 4th 2006

Paul POULAIN-2
Joshua Ferraro a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> As you're probably aware, our code sprint for Koha 3.0 is underway.
> As we approach our goal, I'm going to try to keep everyone well
> informed on what's happening by sending a weekly 'Koha 3.0 Update'
> email to koha-devel.
>
> In it, I'll summarize what's been done the previous week, what's on tap
> for next week, as well as any news items, meeting announcements, etc.
> My goal is to do one of these every Saturday from now until Koha 3.0 is
> released. To facilitate that, I'd greatly appreciate it if everyone working
> on Koha 3.0 jobs (mostly paul, hdl, and chris, but others too) could
> summarize what has been done in the past week, and what's on tap for
> next week, and send those lists to me by Friday each week. Also, if you
> have any news items to announce, I'd be happy to include them ... send 'em
> my way.

What has been done last week :
* Trying to make zebra indexing & search work. After a lot of
investigations, it seems to work. I'll write a mail on this subject ASAP.
* Next week, I plan to continue working a little on Perl-ZOOM API in
cataloguing module (Biblio.pm mainly). I let search facilities to chris
or someone else.

1 feature is in CVS-head and I haven't spoke of yet : i've also added a
"itemtype image" feature : you can select an image to put in results
lists. Works with default templates, not sure with PROG. I have put all
owen images in directory, but also the possibility to use an external URL.
--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants

Re: Koha 3.0 update for week ending Feb 4th 2006

Chris Cormack

> What has been done last week :
> * Trying to make zebra indexing & search work. After a lot of
> investigations, it seems to work. I'll write a mail on this subject ASAP.
> * Next week, I plan to continue working a little on Perl-ZOOM API in
> cataloguing module (Biblio.pm mainly). I let search facilities to chris
> or someone else.

Excellent, thank you for all your great work on this Paul. We have koha set
up from cvs head now, so Ill start working on the search bits very soon.

> 1 feature is in CVS-head and I haven't spoke of yet : i've also added a
> "itemtype image" feature : you can select an image to put in results
> lists. Works with default templates, not sure with PROG. I have put all
> owen images in directory, but also the possibility to use an external URL.

Very cool, Ill take a look at that too.

Chris Cormack                                                     Programmer
027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
[hidden email]                                          www.katipo.co.nz