Quantcast

Koha 3.0 update for week ending Feb 11th 2006

Koha 3.0 update for week ending Feb 11th 2006

Joshua Ferraro-3
Hi all,

Sorry I'm late getting last week's 3.0 Update out ... better late
than never I suppose :-).

Last week was especially exciting because we've finally got Perl-ZOOM
in a working state -- many many thanks to Paul and the Index Data guys
for all their hard work on this.

MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

We'll be holding our weekly organizational meeting on Monday, February
13th at 19:00 GMT. Here's the time in your area: http://tinyurl.com/7bk2f

MEETING NOTES (for Monday February 6th)

Present: kados, owen, thd, sanspach, slef, hdl

        hdl announced that paul had solved 'problem #2' with perl-zoom, but
        problem #1 still remained (CQL queries)

        hdl also announced some new serials code he was working on to link
        a serial to an item record

        kados announced some code he committed to rel_2_2, several new sysprefs,
        some related to Amazon.com content, some to interface customization.

        group discussed some areas where Koha needed improvement to use
        mod_perl2

        thd brought up his suggestion about improving framework for more SQL
        dbs: http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/koha-devel/2006-02/msg00020.html

        slef, kados, hdl agreed his plan is sound.

        still waiting for feedback from paul and chris before adding these
        suggestions to the Koha Coding Guidelines

WHAT'S ON TAP FOR THIS WEEK

paul: integrating perl-zoom and biblio functions
hdl: Acquisitions
chris: get keyword searching going with perl-zoom

DEVELOPER ACTIVITY LAST WEEK

paul: worked on perl-zoom

hdl: Serialsitemization (in rel_2_2)
        Add a YesNo system preference serialsadditem
        If set to 1, each issue received will create a new item linked to the
        biblio with itemnotes filled with Serial number information.

chris:  testing mod_perl2 with head, ironing out some bugs
        planning new search module using Perl-ZOOM

Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
President, Technology       migration, training, maintenance, support
LibLime                                Featuring Koha Open-Source ILS
[hidden email] |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS

Re: Koha 3.0 update for week ending Feb 11th 2006

Paul POULAIN-2
Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
> We'll be holding our weekly organizational meeting on Monday, February
> 13th at 19:00 GMT. Here's the time in your area: http://tinyurl.com/7bk2f

Sorry to have missed that the 19:00GMT meeting was weekly. It's a very
bad time for me : 8PM in France, meaning i'm still eating with wife &
sons or reading some book to one of them before sleeping.

Il would be better to delay the meeting to 20:00GMT for me. I won't be
here everytime, but I could more often than on 19:00 GMT.

Anyway, nothing important to say this week, except i've just commited
some dirty code to do at least basic search with old API (and it works,
even if it's really awful code that will have to be rewriten !)

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 06:24:39PM +0100, Paul POULAIN wrote:
> Sorry to have missed that the 19:00GMT meeting was weekly. It's a very
> bad time for me : 8PM in France, meaning i'm still eating with wife &
> sons or reading some book to one of them before sleeping.
Right ... the idea is to have a very short meeting where everyone
working on 3.0 can touch base briefly ... ie count on everyone being
there even if just for a few minutes.

> Il would be better to delay the meeting to 20:00GMT for me. I won't be
> here everytime, but I could more often than on 19:00 GMT.
OK ... I think that actually works better for our NZ folks as well...
20:00 GMT it is!

> Anyway, nothing important to say this week, except i've just commited
> some dirty code to do at least basic search with old API (and it works,
> even if it's really awful code that will have to be rewriten !)
Right ... saw that ... it's a start :-)