Koha 3.0.4 Install - Shot the Zebra, Bring in the Giraffe

Koha 3.0.4 Install - Shot the Zebra, Bring in the Giraffe

gsl-2
I'm in the final stages of installing Koha 3.0.4 (fixed) on Deb Lenny.

Following the install instructions, near the end when running the following command:

Koha:/usr/share/koha/bin# update-rc.d koha-zebraqueue-daemon defaults

Produces this output:

update-rc.d: warning: /etc/init.d/koha-zebraqueue-daemon missing LSB information
update-rc.d: see <http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts>
System startup links for /etc/init.d/koha-zebraqueue-daemon already exist.

I'm guessing this shouldn't be critical, but why can I not get to the web interface:

http://localhost:8080  #or
http://koha:8080

result in:

Koha error

The following fatal error has occurred:

Access denied for user 'koda'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 666.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 30.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 30.
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl line 23.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl line 23.

Greg

Re: Koha 3.0.4 Install - Shot the Zebra, Bring in the Giraffe

Chris Nighswonger
On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 3:49 PM, gsl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Access denied for user 'koda'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at

This appears to be a permissions issue with the database.

Shouldn't this be 'koha' rather than 'koda'...

Kind Regards,

2009/10/27 gsl <[hidden email]>:

> I'm in the final stages of installing Koha 3.0.4 (fixed) on Deb Lenny.
>
> Following the install instructions, near the end when running the following command:
>
> Koha:/usr/share/koha/bin# update-rc.d koha-zebraqueue-daemon defaults
>
> Produces this output:
>
> update-rc.d: warning: /etc/init.d/koha-zebraqueue-daemon missing LSB information
> update-rc.d: see <http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts>
> System startup links for /etc/init.d/koha-zebraqueue-daemon already exist.
>
> I'm guessing this shouldn't be critical, but why can I not get to the web interface:
>
> http://localhost:8080  #or
> http://koha:8080
>
> result in:
>
> Koha error
>
> The following fatal error has occurred:
>
> Access denied for user 'koda'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 666.
> Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 30.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 30.
> Compilation failed in require at
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl line 23.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl line 23.

Hi Greg

While zebra can be a pain to set up, this error actually has nothing
at all to do with zebra.
That is telling you that koha can not connect to the mysql database.
So whatever user and password you set up, either doesnt exist as a
mysql user, or doesn't have permission to connect to the database