Quantcast

Koha 17.05 Release Notes - Draft One ( 2nd attempt ; )

Koha 17.05 Release Notes - Draft One ( 2nd attempt ; )

Kyle Hall
I think my first attempt may be caught in mailing list moderation, so here is a link to the markdown version available on GitHub:

Re: Koha 17.05 Release Notes - Draft One ( 2nd attempt ; )

paul POULAIN-3

Hi Kyle & al,

Some comments :

  • About [17196] Move marcxml out of the biblioitems table =
    • shouldn't it be also at the header, to be clearly visible (the warning about SQL report not working anymore) ?
    • are you sure of "SQL queries on the marcxml data will get a performance boost" ? I think it's "SQL queries that use biblioitems bot not marcxml data will get a bit performance boost"
  • there are a lot of enhancements related to internal/plumbing. That's great. But as they are, in the Release Notes, my feeling is that they are so many that other enhancements are "lost".
  • i'd like to see HEA v2 ([18066] ) promoted in the header, as well as ElasticSearch progress (various patches)
  • [17855] New onboarding tool feature to guide users through setting up Koha, and minor web installer UI improvements => it's in "new feature". Shouldn't it be in "enhancements" instead ? Same feeling for [14224] patron notes about item shown at check in
  • [12461] Add patron clubs feature => deserve some details !
  • shouldn't
  • [17486] Remove 'Mozilla Persona' as an authentication method be in the header of the RNotes ?
  • shouldn't [17762] Ability to translate notices be considered as a new feature ?
  • [17960] Rename opac_news.new with opac_news.content NOTICE - If you are using opac_news.new in your notice templates, you should update it to opac_news.content
    • => it should be in the header (easy to miss it)
  • at the end = The branch for this version of Koha and future bugfixes in this release line is bug17618-qa. => just to double check: it's auto-generated and will be correct in the final release, isn't it ?

Additional comment :

contributors list :

  • Marcel de Rooy (160) [Rijksmuseum (160) ] ==> WOW !! great job Marcel !!!
--
Paul Poulain, Associé-gérant / co-owner
BibLibre, Services en logiciels libres pour les bibliothèques

Re: Koha 17.05 Release Notes - Draft One ( 2nd attempt ; )

Chris Cormack-7
Id say the on boarding tool is definitely a new feature.

I agree with the plumbing ones though, no one except devs care about them I would put them last or even leave them out. If the release notes are long people don't read them

Chris

On 18 May 2017 4:17:11 AM NZST, Paul Poulain <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Paul! I'll definitely take those suggestions into account for the final release notes.

Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info
ByWater Solutions ( http://bywatersolutions.com )
Meadville Public Library ( http://www.meadvillelibrary.org )
Crawford County Federated Library System ( http://www.ccfls.org )

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 12:17 PM, Paul Poulain <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Tomas Cohen Arazi
+1!

El mié., 17 may. 2017 a las 15:06, Kyle Hall (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (https://theke.io)
✆ +54 9351 3513384
GPG: B2F3C15F

Re: Koha 17.05 Release Notes - Draft One ( 2nd attempt ; )

Tajoli Zeno
Hi Paul and all,

In fact I'm cut & paste comments in bugzilla to insert them into 'Text for release note'.
In fact Release Notes are done by a script but if we change bugzilla, it change also it !!

Bye
Zeno Tajoli