Quantcast

KOBLI, a customized version of KOHA

domingo.arroyo

Dear all,

I am Domingo Arroyo and I work for the Library Area in the Spanish Ministry of Culture.

We have been working in order to make an ILS available to libraries of the Central Government.

Last year we evaluated Koha as a possible solution (More information in our repository http://hdl.handle.net/10421/4711 ) and we started the KOHA customization for our libraries with MASmedios (a Spanish company)

Our customization and development is focused on:

-           Spanish (bd content, templates, etc.)

-           Basic features in cataloguing (indicators, 008 and 006 tags..)

-           Translator manager

-           Bugs solution

-           Css and styles

-           Installation (in order to make easier the installation process for individual libraries)

-           Digital repository add-on.

We are involved in Koha community developing (basic features and Bugs solutions ) for future versions of Koha and testing.

We have made a “customized version” and we have named it Kobli (Koha + biblioteca) and it will be available for libraries of the Central Government, and any other one, in a short time. This year at least five Central Government libraries are going to migrate to Koha-Kobli.

We want to continue our work in Koha and our Kobli, so I hope you’ll find it interesting and valuable. We are keeping you informed about this project. If you want more information, please contact with:

Domingo  Arroyo

[hidden email]

Alicia Sellés

[hidden email]

Salvador Zaragoza

Re: KOBLI, a customized version of KOHA

MJ Ray-2
[hidden email] wrote:
> We have made a "customized version" and we have named it Kobli (Koha
> + biblioteca) and it will be available for libraries of the Central
> Government, and any other one, in a short time. This year at least
> five Central Government libraries are going to migrate to
> Koha-Kobli.

That is interesting news.  From where may it be downloaded?

http://koha-community.org supporter, web and LMS developer, statistician.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha

Re: KOBLI, a customized version of KOHA

Owen Leonard-4
> We have made a “customized version” and we have named it Kobli (Koha +
> biblioteca) and it will be available for libraries of the Central
> Government, and any other one, in a short time. This year at least five
> Central Government libraries are going to migrate to Koha-Kobli.

What version of Koha is Kobli based on?

Why was it decided to do this development in isolation rather than in
cooperation with the Koha community?

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries

Re: KOBLI, a customized version of KOHA

paul POULAIN-3
Le 08/04/2011 09:00, [hidden email] a écrit :

> We want to continue our work in Koha and our Kobli, so I hope you’ll
> find it interesting and valuable. We are keeping you informed about
> this project. If you want more information, please contact with:
>
> Domingo Arroyo [hidden email]
>
> Alicia Sellés [hidden email]

Too bad that Alicia and Salvador couldn't join us for hackfest. It would
have been very usefull for everybody to see how we can all the changes
send upstream (at least those who are interesting for everybody !)

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com

Re: KOBLI, a customized version of KOHA

Alicia Sellés Carot
hi all,
As Domingo has said in his email, everything (features, bugs, etc.)
related with Koha is developed in Koha Community, Kobli is a Central
Government "Service" that make Koha useful for Spanish libraries
(traslation, instalation, basic parametres,Central Government graphic
design ...)

Regards,
ALicia

Owen Leonard

>> We have made a “customized version” and we have named it Kobli (Koha +
>> biblioteca) and it will be available for libraries of the Central
>> Government, and any other one, in a short time. This year at least five
>> Central Government libraries are going to migrate to Koha-Kobli.
>
> What version of Koha is Kobli based on?
>
> Why was it decided to do this development in isolation rather than in
> cooperation with the Koha community?
>
>   -- Owen
>

> --
> Web Developer
> Athens County Public Libraries
> http://www.myacpl.org

Alicia Sellés Carot
Dpto. Gestión Documental
MASmedios

Re: KOBLI, a customized version of KOHA

domingo.arroyo
Thank you  Ray,

We are now completing the KOLBI distribution package and the project's website. We hope to be available in few days

Domingo

On 9 April 2011 05:08, Alicia Sellés <[hidden email]> wrote:
> hi all,
> As Domingo has said in his email, everything (features, bugs, etc.)
> related with Koha is developed in Koha Community, Kobli is a Central
> Government "Service" that make Koha useful for Spanish libraries
> (traslation, instalation, basic parametres,Central Government graphic
> design ...)

Ahh that's excellent then :)