Is your Koha 3 slow or fast?

Marty-33
I really would like to know some reaction times for Koha 3.

Our installation seems to take a minimum of 6 seconds for any operation - type in the name of a patron, it will take between 6 and 10 seconds to show up on screen. That time seems to be standard for most operations.

In general it seems sluggish at best. I'd like to have some indication of how fast other installations are, if possible in a comparable configuration.

We are running Koha 3.00.05 with Zebra on Debian Lenny, on a Pentium 4 box.

Marty

Re: Is your Koha 3 slow or fast?

Marijana Glavica
2010/5/5 Marty <[hidden email]>
I really would like to know some reaction times for Koha 3.

Our installation seems to take a minimum of 6 seconds for any operation - type in the name of a patron, it will take between 6 and 10 seconds to show up on screen. That time seems to be standard for most operations.

In general it seems sluggish at best. I'd like to have some indication of how fast other installations are, if possible in a comparable configuration.

We are running Koha 3.00.05 with Zebra on Debian Lenny, on a Pentium 4 box.

This is how the speed was improoved with our installation:
http://blog.rot13.org/2010/04/mysql_is_slow_did_you_tune_your_settings.html

We also had 6 secodns or more for every search, but now that is arround 3 sec :)
You can try live OPAC at http://koha.ffzg.hr/
There is ~250.000 biblio records and ~325.000 items in our catalog.

Marijana

Re: Is your Koha 3 slow or fast?

Kohn, Karen

Ours seems slow, too.  Our Acquisitions Technician has complained about this, and I didn’t see it as a problem until I tried doing her job while she’s out this week.  I just did a search for a title and it took 15 seconds!   The range is about 5 to 10 seconds usually.  We are using 3.01.00.061.

Karen Kohn

Collection Development Manager

Landman Library

Arcadia University

450 S. Easton Road

Glenside, PA  19038

ph: 215-572-8528

Re: Is your Koha 3 slow or fast?

Chris Cormack-6
2010/5/6 Kohn, Karen <[hidden email]>

> Ours seems slow, too.  Our Acquisitions Technician has complained about this, and I didn’t see it as a problem until I tried doing her job while she’s out this week.  I just did a search for a title and it took 15 seconds!   The range is about 5 to 10 seconds usually.  We are using 3.01.00.061.

That is very slow.

Is it on a local machine or is it hosted somewhere?