Installer - can't get default settings to import

Installer - can't get default settings to import

dschaller
Hello,

I have set up a server with Koha 20.05 and made it as far as the first several screens of the web installer, but on the "Web installer › Selecting default settings" screen after making my selections and pressing the "Import" button, I wait for awhile and then get the following error:

Proxy Error
The proxy server could not handle the request
Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at 192.168.1.71 Port 8080

Is apache server timing out before koha is finished? How long should it take to import that initial data?

Thanks,
David

Re: Installer - can't get default settings to import

Jonathan Druart
Hi David,
It should be quite fast, like ~1 minute.
Did you try to extend the value of the Apache server's timeout?
Regards,
Jonathan

Le mar. 23 juin 2020 à 19:19, David Schaller
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I have set up a server with Koha 20.05 and made it as far as the first several screens of the web installer, but on the "Web installer › Selecting default settings" screen after making my selections and pressing the "Import" button, I wait for awhile and then get the following error:
>
> Proxy Error
> The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
> The proxy server could not handle the request
> Reason: Error reading from remote server
> Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at 192.168.1.71 Port 8080
>
> Is apache server timing out before koha is finished? How long should it take to import that initial data?
>
> Thanks,
> David

Re: Installer - can't get default settings to import

dschaller
Thanks for your reply. What I ended up doing was reinstalling Koha in an LXD container instead of using a virtual machine and then it worked straight off. I don't know if my virtual machine was ever part of the issue or not, or if I had made another mistake in doing the installation that I hadn't ever caught.

David

From: Jonathan Druart

Hi David,