Importing WINISIS data into Koha

Alex Shepherd
Hi Team,

I’ve been asked to migrate some library data currently in WINISIS into Koha and just wondered if anyone has been down this path recently and can share any advice or tools or recipe etc they used?

I’ve previously done one conversion from the XML file that WINISIS can export to, into MARC records via perl + MARC library, for a non-Koha system a number of years ago, but am hoping there might be some better alternatives now… ;)

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

Alex Shepherd

p: +64-7-829 4441
m: +64-21-777764
e: [hidden email]

Re: Importing WINISIS data into Koha

Stowasser Rainer
Hy Alex

I had the same "problem"

What I did was to generate the MARC records outside of Koha
using Catmandu, MarcEdit
and then import them into Koha

As I understand there is not much in Koha for conversion from other systems
but if you have it up
it works perfect ;-)

Best regards
Hofrat Mag. Rainer Stowasser
Head of Library ZAMG

Re: Importing WINISIS data into Koha

Michael Kuhn
Hi Alex

 > I’ve been asked to migrate some library data currently in WINISIS into
 > Koha and just wondered if anyone has been down this path recently and
 > can share any advice or tools or recipe etc they used?

In fact I have never seen WINISIS or even worked with it, but in the
past I have collected the following WINISIS related links that might be
useful to you:

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Migration_from_ISIS_to_Koha

http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/On-Winisis-conversio-to-Koha-td3071531.html

http://de.scribd.com/doc/63483959/cds-koha#scribd

Hope this helps (a little).

Best wishes: Michael
T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 · E [hidden email] · W www.adminkuhn.ch

Re: Importing WINISIS data into Koha

Felipe Adalid Ortiz Anzaldo
My Opac was migrated from CDS/ISIS Winisis with the help of a PFT and MarcEdit. MarcEdit also have a Winisis ISO to MARC converted tool you can test.

Enviado desde Correo<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> para Windows 10

________________________________
 > I’ve been asked to migrate some library data currently in WINISIS into
 > Koha and just wondered if anyone has been down this path recently and
 > can share any advice or tools or recipe etc they used?

In fact I have never seen WINISIS or even worked with it, but in the
past I have collected the following WINISIS related links that might be
useful to you:

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Migration_from_ISIS_to_Koha

http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/On-Winisis-conversio-to-Koha-td3071531.html

http://de.scribd.com/doc/63483959/cds-koha#scribd

Hope this helps (a little).

Best wishes: Michael
T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 · E [hidden email] · W www.adminkuhn.ch<http://www.adminkuhn.ch>

Promoción y Docencia, A.C. (Ibero-Tijuana) con domicilio en Av. Centro Universitario número 2501, Fraccionamiento Playas de Tijuana, Código Postal 22500, Baja California, México, utilizara sus datos personales recabados para la prestación de los servicios académicos y administrativos en el sistema educativo de la Ibero-Tijuana. Para mayor información acerca del tratamiento y de los derechos que puede hacer valer, usted puede acceder al aviso de privacidad integral ingresando a la liga http://www.iberotijuana.edu.mx/?doc=/avisoprivacidad/index.html