ILS-DI GetRecords

Jonathan Druart
Hi devs,

I am trying to remove the subroutine GetItemsByBiblioitemnumber, which is only used from C4::ILSDI::Services::GetRecords.
It generates timestampX, cardX and borrowerX for the last 3 patrons who checked out the items.

I have no idea if it is a desired effects but, as this code has been there for a very long time (2005), I suspect it's not. Could anyone confirm?
The "doc" (/ilsdi.pl?service=Describe&verb=GetRecords) does not say anything about the checkouts info.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Re: ILS-DI GetRecords

Katrin Fischer-2

Hi jonathan,

I feel like the issue information is too much there and doesn't fit the purpose of the command, described as "Given a list of record identifiers, returns a list of record objects that contain bibliographic information, as well as associated holdings and item information".

Can we track the additonal behaviour back to a bug that added it?

I noticed, that there is an error for a non-existent biblionumber. I feel like that might be a regression:

Can't call method "biblioitem" on an undefined value at /home/vagrant/kohaclone/C4/ILSDI/Services.pm line 212

Katrin

On 06.08.2018 22:46, Jonathan Druart wrote:
Hi devs,

I am trying to remove the subroutine GetItemsByBiblioitemnumber, which is only used from C4::ILSDI::Services::GetRecords.
It generates timestampX, cardX and borrowerX for the last 3 patrons who checked out the items.

I have no idea if it is a desired effects but, as this code has been there for a very long time (2005), I suspect it's not. Could anyone confirm?
The "doc" (/ilsdi.pl?service=Describe&verb=GetRecords) does not say anything about the checkouts info.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Re: ILS-DI GetRecords

MartinRenvoize
I agree, it feels like a bug.  I just had a quick read through ils-di docs elsewhere and can't see any mention of such information being returned by that call.

Martin Renvoize

Development Team Manager

T: +44 (0) 1483 378728

F: +44 (0) 800 756 6384

E: [hidden email]

www.ptfs-europe.com

Registered in the United Kingdom No. 06416372   VAT Reg No. 925 7211 30

The information contained in this email message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this email message in error, please email the sender at [hidden email]