How upgrade Koha from 1.2.3 to Koha 3x

ahmnas
Hi my friend I have Koha version 1.2.3 so I want to upgrade to Koha version 3 or the last stable so I want steps for upgrade and if any problems will happen when I doing upgrade

Ahmad Nasser
Koha system administrator

Re: How upgrade Koha from 1.2.3 to Koha 3x

Bob Birchall @ Calyx
That is a massive upgrade.  I wouldn't do it.  Rather, export your data
from Koha 1.3 and condition it for re-import to Koha, install a fresh
Koha 16.05 and import the data.  Koha 1.3 was released in 2002.  Crikey!
HTH,
Bob Birchall
Calyx

On 18/10/16 09:44, ahmnas wrote:

> Hi my friend I have Koha version 1.2.3 so I want to upgrade to Koha version 3
> or the last stable so I want steps for upgrade and if any problems will
> happen when I doing upgrade
>
> Ahmad Nasser
> Koha system administrator

Re: How upgrade Koha from 1.2.3 to Koha 3x

vikram zadgaonkar-2
+1

On 18-Oct-2016 5:43 AM, "Bob Birchall" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That is a massive upgrade.  I wouldn't do it.  Rather, export your data
> from Koha 1.3 and condition it for re-import to Koha, install a fresh Koha
> 16.05 and import the data.  Koha 1.3 was released in 2002.  Crikey!
> HTH,
> Bob Birchall
> Calyx
>
> On 18/10/16 09:44, ahmnas wrote:
>
>> Hi my friend I have Koha version 1.2.3 so I want to upgrade to Koha
>> version 3
>> or the last stable so I want steps for upgrade and if any problems will
>> happen when I doing upgrade
>>
>> Ahmad Nasser
>> Koha system administrator

How upgrade Koha from 1.2.3 to Koha 3x

Mohamed Megahed

Hi Ahmed

To upgrade form 1.2.3 you must to upgrade first to koha 2.0 then koha 2.8 then koha 3.00 and the last upgrade to latset version stable

regards

Mohamed Megahed

------------------------------

Message: 3

Re: How upgrade Koha from 1.2.3 to Koha 3x

ahmnas
Thanks Mr. Mohamed
But i want steps and if any one doing this upgrade any problems found or bugs when upgrading to 3, and i read the suggestion from Bob Birchall if i can doing this steps export data and re-import to last stable.

Ahmad Nasser
koha system administrator

Re: How upgrade Koha from 1.2.3 to Koha 3x

Indranil Das Gupta
Hi Ahmad,

On Oct 18, 2016 5:43 AM, "Bob Birchall" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That is a massive upgrade.  I wouldn't do it.  Rather, export your data
from Koha 1.3 and condition it for re-import to Koha, install a fresh Koha
16.05 and import the data.  Koha 1.3 was released in 2002.  Crikey!

What Bob said.

cheers

-idg