How many libraries use Koha?

Chris Brown
Hello,

I have agreed to give a webinar on Koha to a group of community-managed
libraries here in the UK. It would be interesting to include some basic
facts and figures:

* How long has Koha been in existence?
* How many libraries around the world are using it?
* How many active developers are there?

Does anyone have estimates for any of these?

Thanks!

Chris Brown

Re: How many libraries use Koha?

Karam Qubsi
Hello Chris ,

According to librarytechnology website which is not official from koha
there are about 4,976 libraries declared to be using koha.
https://librarytechnology.org/libraries/search.pl?ILS=Koha

However libraries that allowed koha community to share their statistics are
less than that in https://hea.koha-community.org/  you will find that total
libraries only 1,767

And using koha dashboard you can get an idea about recent active developers
:
https://dashboard.koha-community.org/

using :https://hea.koha-community.org/ you can find more statistics about
koha usage

here you can find some historical timeline :
https://koha-community.org/about/history/

>    - September 6 1999 Work starts on Koha
>    - July 21 2000 Koha 1.00 put up for download

I hope that helps ,
Best regards

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 2:19 PM Chris Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have agreed to give a webinar on Koha to a group of community-managed
> libraries here in the UK. It would be interesting to include some basic
> facts and figures:
>
> * How long has Koha been in existence?
> * How many libraries around the world are using it?
> * How many active developers are there?
>
> Does anyone have estimates for any of these?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris Brown

‚Äč*Karam Qubsi*

Re: How many libraries use Koha?

Hi Chris,

a while ago this question was discussed on the list and we have since
been using an estimate of about 15.000 libraries:
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2016-August/046089.html

https://journal.code4lib.org/articles/1638 explains about how Koha was
started.

For the number of developers you can refer to the history file that is
part of Koha:
http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=docs/history.txt;hb=HEAD

Some other stats on development:
http://git.koha-community.org/stats/koha-master/
https://www.openhub.net/p/koha

Hope that helps,

Katrin

On 10.08.2018 08:19, Chris Brown wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have agreed to give a webinar on Koha to a group of community-managed
> libraries here in the UK. It would be interesting to include some basic
> facts and figures:
>
> * How long has Koha been in existence?
> * How many libraries around the world are using it?
> * How many active developers are there?
>
> Does anyone have estimates for any of these?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris Brown

Re: How many libraries use Koha?

Chris Brown