Haunted by ghost records

Charlotte Stock-2
Recently I imported a large batch of records, but when I ran a search not
all of the records had loaded so I deleted the batch and reimported.

Now, when I run a search, the results list the 'deleted' batch and then the
reimported batch, which means that users instinctively select from the
first batch of results - all of which display the message "The record you
requested does not exist" when selected.

When I enter the record numbers of the failed entries to perform a batch
deletion, this message displays 'The biblionumber does not exist in the
database'.

My question is how do I remove these ghost records so that they do not
appear in OPAC searches, as users will quickly give up if the first page of
results are all failed records?

Thankyou in advance for your advice
Charlotte

--
 Charlotte Stock - Digital Librarian
 Halcyon London International School

--

*Halcyon London International School*

33 Seymour Place, London W1H 5AU

+44 (0)20 7258 1169
<http://halcyonschool.com/?utm_source=email%20footer&utm_medium=email>
[image: http://halcyonschool.com/visit]
<http://halcyonschool.com/visit?utm_source=email%20footer&utm_medium=email>

<https://www.facebook.com/HalcyonLondonInternationalSchool?utm_source=email%20footer&utm_medium=email>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/halcyon-london-international-school?utm_source=email%20footer&utm_medium=email>
<https://mydonate.bt.com/charities/halcyonlondoninternationalschool?utm_source=email%20footer&utm_medium=email>
<https://twitter.com/HalcyonSchool?utm_source=email%20footer&utm_medium=email>

Re: Haunted by ghost records

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Charlotte,

I am not sure why it happened, but it means that your search index is
out of sync. When you imported the first batch it got indexed, but the
index didn't get cleaned up correctly when you undid it. Maybe there as
a bad record in the batch as you said they didn't all show up in search.

A full reindex should usually fix the problem. If there are any errors
running during reindexing, this might give you another clue on what went
wrong.

Hope this helps,

Katrin