Hackfest in Marseille, registrations open !

Hackfest in Marseille, registrations open !

paul POULAIN-3

Hello everyone,

As already announced, the next Koha hackfest in Marseille will be in March, 12th-16th. Registrations are open !!!

Should I explain what is the hackfest ?

OK, for newbies, I explain.

That's a week for anyone interested in being involved into Koha. About 50 persons, librarians and developers, from France and other countries, meet to:

  • meet
  • test
  • document
  • translate
  • patch
  • talk
  • share
  • show
  • try
  • miss ... and ... retry
  • discuss how to conquer the world (at least libraries...)
  • eat and drink (OK, drink, it's after day-work. And it's not mandatory)

The FAQ:

Q= what are the conditions to come ?
A= none, except wanting to contribute to Koha

Q= What is the cost ?
A= it's free (but BibLibre does not pay for traveling fees, hotel, or food)

Q= where does it take place ?
A= Marseille, 108 rue Breteuil, in BibLibre office. We provide coffee, desk, chairs, internet, video-projectors and cookies (many people come with their local candies)

Q= can I come only for a few days ?
A= yes, but at least 2 days, in just one day, no time do contribute anything.

Q= I need an official letter
A= Just drop me an email, I'll send one

Q= I have no laptop
A= mmmm.... tricky... we don't have any spare laptop, and it's hard to contribute without laptop...

Q= how to register ?
A= easy : drop me an email

Q= What about hotel, transportation,...
A= You'll be added to a Google doc when you register.

Q= I've heard about a cheese lunch, can you explain ?
A= lunches are organized by BibLibre, in our office (there's no restaurant large enough in the area), and each lunch has it's own theme. The legendary "cheese lunch" includes 30+ different french cheese, in a huge buffet (with some salads...). So you'll discover a part of French gastronomy. This year, it will be tuesday 13th (I've been asked a few times: "when is the cheese lunch, I can't be here the whole week, so I want to be here for the cheese")

Q= I'm veggie, can you take care of me ?
A= yes, for sure. Just tell me when you register

Q= I'm vegan, can you take care of me ?
A= sorry, but no, too complex. You'll be on your own. But you can eat with us, welcome.
--
Paul Poulain, Associé-gérant / co-owner
BibLibre, Services en logiciels libres pour les bibliothèques

Re: Hackfest in Marseille, registrations open !

Nicolas Legrand

[...]

Q= I'm vegan, can you take care of me ?
A= sorry, but no, too complex. You'll be on your own. But you can eat with us, welcome.

If you happen to be vegan and ask yourself where to eat, here are a list of vegan friendly restaurants in Marseilles :

 https://vegoresto.fr/?s=13000

There is also a very good falafel restaurant near the old port :

https://www.yelp.com/biz/au-falafel-marseille

It is also easier and easier to find vegan food in supermarket in France, but if you're coming from Berlin, New-York or Tel-Aviv, you'll think we're still dwelling in the dark ages ;). Note that it's not possible to cook at Biblibre, there is just one or two microwave.

As a french vegan attending the hackfest, I'll be happy to help any other vegan looking for good food !

Yours,

Nicolas