HTML5 video embedding returns software error

HTML5 video embedding returns software error

Caroline Cyr-La-Rose
Hello all,

I'm trying to test the HTML5 video embedding functionality (sys pref
HTML5MediaEnable is "in OPAC and staff client" and HTML5MediaYouTube is
"embed").

I put a youtube link in the 856 $u and either when I try to save the
record in Cataloguing or when I try to access the record in the OPAC, I
get a software error :

garbage after JSON object, at character offset 57801 (before ";ytplayer.load = fun...") at /usr/share/perl5/WWW/YouTube/Download.pm line 226.

This is the exact link I put in 856$u:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTzaK4l3UJY

I'm using Koha 16.05 with Firefox Quantum.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Caroline Cyr La Rose, M.S.I.
Bibl. prof. / Chargée de la formation et du soutien

Tél.  : 1 (833) 465-4276
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>

Re: HTML5 video embedding returns software error

Paul A-2
On 2018-01-03 10:36 AM, Caroline Cyr-La-Rose wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to test the HTML5 video embedding functionality (sys pref
> HTML5MediaEnable is "in OPAC and staff client" and HTML5MediaYouTube is
> "embed").
>
> I put a youtube link in the 856 $u and either when I try to save the
> record in Cataloguing or when I try to access the record in the OPAC, I
> get a software error :
>
> garbage after JSON object, at character offset 57801 (before
> ";ytplayer.load = fun...") at /usr/share/perl5/WWW/YouTube/Download.pm
> line 226.
>
> This is the exact link I put in 856$u:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTzaK4l3UJY
>
> I'm using Koha 16.05 with Firefox Quantum.

Not sure what you may (or not) have done, but that link appears to work
well in 856$u with FF 57.0.3 on Ubuntu. See
<http://opac.navalmarinearchive.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=38127>

Happy New Year to all.
Paul

> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Caroline Cyr La Rose, M.S.I.
> Bibl. prof. / Chargée de la formation et du soutien
>
> Tél.  : 1 (833) 465-4276
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>

Re: HTML5 video embedding returns software error

Tomas Cohen Arazi
The syspref for embedding the video.

El mié., 3 de ene. de 2018 1:33 p. m., Paul A <[hidden email]>
escribió:

> On 2018-01-03 10:36 AM, Caroline Cyr-La-Rose wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm trying to test the HTML5 video embedding functionality (sys pref
> > HTML5MediaEnable is "in OPAC and staff client" and HTML5MediaYouTube is
> > "embed").
> >
> > I put a youtube link in the 856 $u and either when I try to save the
> > record in Cataloguing or when I try to access the record in the OPAC, I
> > get a software error :
> >
> > garbage after JSON object, at character offset 57801 (before
> > ";ytplayer.load = fun...") at /usr/share/perl5/WWW/YouTube/Download.pm
> > line 226.
> >
> > This is the exact link I put in 856$u:
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTzaK4l3UJY
> >
> > I'm using Koha 16.05 with Firefox Quantum.
>
> Not sure what you may (or not) have done, but that link appears to work
> well in 856$u with FF 57.0.3 on Ubuntu. See
> <
> http://opac.navalmarinearchive.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=38127
> >

> Happy New Year to all.
> Paul
>

> > What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Caroline Cyr La Rose, M.S.I.
> > Bibl. prof. / Chargée de la formation et du soutien
> >
> > Tél.  : 1 (833) 465-4276
> > [hidden email] <mailto:
> [hidden email]>
> >
> > inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (https://theke.io <http://theke.io/>)
✆ +54 9351 3513384
GPG: B2F3C15F

Re: HTML5 video embedding returns software error

Caroline Cyr-La-Rose
Paul and Tomas

Yes, as mentioned by Tomas, I wanted it to embed, like in the manual
http://translate.koha-community.org/manual/16.05/en/html-desktop/index.html#html5

It's supposed to add a tab an embed the video in it.

If I change the sys pref HTML5MediaYouTube to "Don't embed", it works
just like in your example, i.e. add a link to the record. But that's not
what I wanted... :/

Caroline Cyr La Rose, M.S.I.
Bibl. prof. / Chargée de la formation et du soutien

Tél.  : 1 (833) 465-4276
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>

Re: HTML5 video embedding returns software error

Jonathan Druart
Hi Caroline, I confirm the bug: I see the new tab, the video element, but
it is broken.
I have opened bug 19913 (Embedded HTML5 videos are broken)
I am going to submit a patch soon.