Fwd: Request for assistance on PHP hosted on my KOHA webserver.

Fwd: Request for assistance on PHP hosted on my KOHA webserver.

Chris Cormack-6
Forwarding by request, please reply to the list

Re: Fwd: Request for assistance on PHP hosted on my KOHA webserver.

Paul A-2
You are trying "http://localhost/Research/index.php" to get to an
index.php (if I understand correctly.)

Assuming you're using Apache 2.4, you need to refer to your
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf, where you will find something like:

<Directory /var/www/>
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Require all granted
</Directory>

and a couple of other <Directory ...> entries allowing access to
/usr/share (e.g. Koha) and denying everything else.

The "localhost" that you have put into the a href on your home page
corresponds to the "<Directory /var/www/>" so defines a path of
"http://var/www/Research/index.php"

Firstly, does your index.php actually reside there with suitable
permissions? (note the upper case R in Research which I avoid like the
plague, but it might/could/should? work.)

What errors are you finding in the apache logs (or even simpler does
your browser come up with? some sort of "404 - page not found"?)

If that's the case, then the path is wrong; otherwise your php is most
probably non-functional.

Best --Paul

On 2017-04-25 04:09 PM, Chris Cormack wrote:

> Forwarding by request, please reply to the list

Tim McMahon - West Liberty Public Library
Localhost will only work from the machine the server is running on.  You
will need to use either the external IP address or hostname of the
server to get it to work from another computer.

Tim McMahon
Technical Services
West Liberty Public Library