Final Decision Time: Koha Foundation Options

Final Decision Time: Koha Foundation Options

nengard
The final survey is up and should be answered by the 25th of Oct when
it will no longer accept answers.

English: http://opensource.web2learning.net/limesurvey/index.php?sid=88794&lang=en
French: http://opensource.web2learning.net/limesurvey/index.php?sid=88794&lang=fr

No one used the PDF last time - so if you need a PDF, just ask and
I'll generate one.

Thanks
Nicole C. Engard

PS. Please forward around to whoever you think would be interested in
having a say.

Re: Final Decision Time: Koha Foundation Options

Ben Ide
Thank you, Nicole.  Very nicely done.

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Nicole Engard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The final survey is up and should be answered by the 25th of Oct when
> it will no longer accept answers.
>
> English: http://opensource.web2learning.net/limesurvey/index.php?sid=88794&lang=en
> French: http://opensource.web2learning.net/limesurvey/index.php?sid=88794&lang=fr
>
> No one used the PDF last time - so if you need a PDF, just ask and
> I'll generate one.
>
> Thanks
> Nicole C. Engard
>
> PS. Please forward around to whoever you think would be interested in
> having a say.

Re: Final Decision Time: Koha Foundation Options

Thomas Dukleth-3
I wish to congratulate Nicole Engard, M J Ray, and others who have
contributed to the ballot design for the final Koha Foundation Options
poll.

Nicole and those reviewing her work have been learning well from the
previous survey and comments for which their had been time.

While I find some obvious problems in the design, they are not serious
enough for me to distract anyone by identifying them at this time.  Most
anything can always be improved but the issue is moot at this time.  I
will reserve comment until analysing the results of the voting and until
the next time the Koha community is designing a ballot.

The only suggestion which I make to Nicole at this time is to consider
posting her announcement of the poll to the koha-translate list if some
people may give more attention to that list than others.  Anyone could
repost it there but I defer to Nicole's judgement.

For those who may have doubted my manner in the voracity with which I
expressed my concerns I should state clearly that I always had confidence
in the good judgement of Nicole, MJ, and anyone else who may have been
assisting.  Furthermore, I repeated even a little too much that Nicole was
the one who had to take the final decision on the ballot design and I
always respected her authority in the matter even if I may have disagreed
with her choice.  The concerns I expressed were foremost to have as fair a
process for everyone participating as possible.

Thomas Dukleth
Agogme
109 E 9th Street, 3D
New York, NY  10003
USA
http://www.agogme.com
+1 212-674-3783

[...]

Re: Final Decision Time: Koha Foundation Options

Thomas Dukleth-3
Remember to vote for your choices in the final Koha foundation forming
election before the poll closes on the 25th.

Turnout in the final Koha foundation forming election is lower than in the
previous preliminary poll at this point.  This is the poll which
determines our actual choice.  The previous poll was more of survey to
discover interests and inform the process of how to conduct the final
election.

The links to the ballot are as follows.

English:
http://opensource.web2learning.net/limesurvey/index.php?sid=88794&lang=en
French:
http://opensource.web2learning.net/limesurvey/index.php?sid=88794&lang=fr

Pages linked from the Koha Wiki foundation forming options page, short
link http://bit.ly/4AjYin , and discussions which we have had on the Koha
mailing lists should inform you of the options.

Thomas Dukleth
Agogme
109 E 9th Street, 3D
New York, NY  10003
USA
http://www.agogme.com
+1 212-674-3783

On Wed, October 14, 2009 16:54, Nicole Engard wrote:

> The final survey is up and should be answered by the 25th of Oct when
> it will no longer accept answers.
>
> English:
> http://opensource.web2learning.net/limesurvey/index.php?sid=88794&lang=en
> French:
> http://opensource.web2learning.net/limesurvey/index.php?sid=88794&lang=fr
>
> No one used the PDF last time - so if you need a PDF, just ask and
> I'll generate one.
>
> Thanks
> Nicole C. Engard
>
> PS. Please forward around to whoever you think would be interested in
> having a say.

Re: Final Decision Time: Koha Foundation Options

MJ Ray-2
Thomas Dukleth wrote:
> Remember to vote for your choices in the final Koha foundation forming
> election before the poll closes on the 25th.
[...]
> English:
> http://opensource.web2learning.net/limesurvey/index.php?sid=88794&lang=en
> French:
> http://opensource.web2learning.net/limesurvey/index.php?sid=88794&lang=fr

I have tried to vote twice and had "The server at
opensource.web2learning.net is taking too long to respond" twice.
Is anyone else getting this and is there anything we can do to help?

MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software
www.software.coop http://mjr.towers.org.uk        |  .... co
IMO only: see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html |  .... op

Re: Final Decision Time: Koha Foundation Options

Thomas Dukleth-3
Reply inline:

On Thu, October 22, 2009 14:38, MJ Ray wrote:

> Thomas Dukleth wrote:
>> Remember to vote for your choices in the final Koha foundation forming
>> election before the poll closes on the 25th.
> [...]
>> English:
>> http://opensource.web2learning.net/limesurvey/index.php?sid=88794&lang=en
>> French:
>> http://opensource.web2learning.net/limesurvey/index.php?sid=88794&lang=fr
>
> I have tried to vote twice and had "The server at
> opensource.web2learning.net is taking too long to respond" twice.
> Is anyone else getting this and is there anything we can do to help?

Perhaps a PDF of the ballot as previously offered should be posted for
anyone who may have had difficulty connecting.  If anyone has experienced
a connection problem to the server for the ballot which is persisting for
you, then please send an email message to Nicole Engard nengard AT
gmail.com to obtain a PDF of the ballot.  I am confident that any
reasonable attempt to answer the ballot questions by email will before the
polls close will be accepted.

I never had difficult connecting and I looked at the ballot a few times
before casting my vote but it would be important to know of anyone who may
have had a problem.

[...]

Thomas Dukleth
Agogme
109 E 9th Street, 3D
New York, NY  10003
USA
http://www.agogme.com
+1 212-674-3783

Re: Final Decision Time: Koha Foundation Options

nengard
It's loading up nice and speedily for me - and all my servers are running a-ok - that said, here is a PDF of the english version if you want to email me your answers I'll put them in manually.

Nicole

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Thomas Dukleth <[hidden email]> wrote:
Reply inline:

On Thu, October 22, 2009 14:38, MJ Ray wrote:
> Thomas Dukleth wrote:
>> Remember to vote for your choices in the final Koha foundation forming
>> election before the poll closes on the 25th.
> [...]
>> English:
>> http://opensource.web2learning.net/limesurvey/index.php?sid=88794&lang=en
>> French:
>> http://opensource.web2learning.net/limesurvey/index.php?sid=88794&lang=fr
>
> I have tried to vote twice and had "The server at
> opensource.web2learning.net is taking too long to respond" twice.
> Is anyone else getting this and is there anything we can do to help?

Perhaps a PDF of the ballot as previously offered should be posted for
anyone who may have had difficulty connecting.  If anyone has experienced
a connection problem to the server for the ballot which is persisting for
you, then please send an email message to Nicole Engard nengard AT
gmail.com to obtain a PDF of the ballot.  I am confident that any
reasonable attempt to answer the ballot questions by email will before the
polls close will be accepted.

I never had difficult connecting and I looked at the ballot a few times
before casting my vote but it would be important to know of anyone who may
have had a problem.

[...]

Thomas Dukleth
Agogme