Field 952$o is blank

Nalisha Tamang
Dear all,
We have imported 26,000 books from resourcemate into koha 19.05.04 but we
have 082$a is filled but 952 $o is blank where it should have picked up the
data from 082$a automatically but it didn't. As a result I have to add/
edit 952$o field manually for 26,000 books. is there any way to get the
082$a field into 952$o automatically  without any marcedit. As the 26,000
books file was prepared by someone else and that person is no longer
working with us and I am not at all good in marc edit. Please help me ASAP

In Christ,
Nalisha

Re: Field 952$o is blank

Andreas Roussos
Dear Nalisha,

You can accomplish what you're after by using Koha's MARC modification
templates:
https://koha-community.org/manual/19.05/en/html/tools.html#marc-modification-templates
https://koha-community.org/manual/19.05/en/html/tools.html#batch-record-modification

Go to Home > Tools > MARC modification templates and create a new
template. Then click on the 'New action' button and enter a new
action as follows:

Copy and replace 1st field 082 a to field 952 o
if field 082 a exists

Click on 'Add action' to add the action to the template.

Now, test the action you've just added by going to Home > Tools >
Batch record modification: select 'Biblios' as your record type,
then click on the 'Enter a list of record numbers' tab and type
the id of one of your biblios. Finally, select the template name
you created earlier and click 'Continue'.

In the page that comes up, click on the 'Show MARC' button and
inspect the MARC preview: does 952$o contain the value from 082$a?
If yes, then perform the changes to all of your records by either
a) creating a Koha list that contains all of them or,
b) adding all of your biblionumbers in the relevant tab.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Andreas Roussos

On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 09:04, Nalisha Tamang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
> We have imported 26,000 books from resourcemate into koha 19.05.04 but we
> have 082$a is filled but 952 $o is blank where it should have picked up the
> data from 082$a automatically but it didn't. As a result I have to add/
> edit 952$o field manually for 26,000 books. is there any way to get the
> 082$a field into 952$o automatically  without any marcedit. As the 26,000
> books file was prepared by someone else and that person is no longer
> working with us and I am not at all good in marc edit. Please help me ASAP
>
> In Christ,
> Nalisha

Re: Field 952$o is blank

Nalisha Tamang
Thank you for your suggestion... But there is one more thing I forgot to
mention that when I see item 952$o it shows blank call number area blank
but  when i click edit item then 952$ o is filled. what have gone wrong
with my data???????????

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 1:27 PM Andreas Roussos <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear Nalisha,
>
> You can accomplish what you're after by using Koha's MARC modification
> templates:
>
> https://koha-community.org/manual/19.05/en/html/tools.html#marc-modification-templates
>
> https://koha-community.org/manual/19.05/en/html/tools.html#batch-record-modification
>
> Go to Home > Tools > MARC modification templates and create a new
> template. Then click on the 'New action' button and enter a new
> action as follows:
>
> Copy and replace 1st field 082 a to field 952 o
> if field 082 a exists
>
> Click on 'Add action' to add the action to the template.
>
> Now, test the action you've just added by going to Home > Tools >
> Batch record modification: select 'Biblios' as your record type,
> then click on the 'Enter a list of record numbers' tab and type
> the id of one of your biblios. Finally, select the template name
> you created earlier and click 'Continue'.
>
> In the page that comes up, click on the 'Show MARC' button and
> inspect the MARC preview: does 952$o contain the value from 082$a?
> If yes, then perform the changes to all of your records by either
> a) creating a Koha list that contains all of them or,
> b) adding all of your biblionumbers in the relevant tab.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Kind regards,
> Andreas Roussos
>
> On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 09:04, Nalisha Tamang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> We have imported 26,000 books from resourcemate into koha 19.05.04 but we
>> have 082$a is filled but 952 $o is blank where it should have picked up
>> the
>> data from 082$a automatically but it didn't. As a result I have to add/
>> edit 952$o field manually for 26,000 books. is there any way to get the
>> 082$a field into 952$o automatically  without any marcedit. As the 26,000
>> books file was prepared by someone else and that person is no longer
>> working with us and I am not at all good in marc edit. Please help me ASAP
>>
>> In Christ,
>> Nalisha

Re: Field 952$o is blank

Andreas Roussos
Dear Nalisha,

Please have a look at these screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/NYrV6ke

Is this what you are describing in your previous message?

If yes, this is the expected behaviour when using the items editor:
when you first view your record's items, 952$o appears empty because
you are in 'Add item' mode; after clicking on 'Actions -> Edit' for
a specific item, 952$o will show the full call number as you'll now
be in 'Edit item' mode.

If you meant something else, please elaborate and I'll try to help.

Andreas

On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 12:23, Nalisha Tamang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for your suggestion... But there is one more thing I forgot to
> mention that when I see item 952$o it shows blank call number area blank
> but  when i click edit item then 952$ o is filled. what have gone wrong
> with my data???????????
>
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 1:27 PM Andreas Roussos <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear Nalisha,
>>
>> You can accomplish what you're after by using Koha's MARC modification
>> templates:
>>
>> https://koha-community.org/manual/19.05/en/html/tools.html#marc-modification-templates
>>
>> https://koha-community.org/manual/19.05/en/html/tools.html#batch-record-modification
>>
>> Go to Home > Tools > MARC modification templates and create a new
>> template. Then click on the 'New action' button and enter a new
>> action as follows:
>>
>> Copy and replace 1st field 082 a to field 952 o
>> if field 082 a exists
>>
>> Click on 'Add action' to add the action to the template.
>>
>> Now, test the action you've just added by going to Home > Tools >
>> Batch record modification: select 'Biblios' as your record type,
>> then click on the 'Enter a list of record numbers' tab and type
>> the id of one of your biblios. Finally, select the template name
>> you created earlier and click 'Continue'.
>>
>> In the page that comes up, click on the 'Show MARC' button and
>> inspect the MARC preview: does 952$o contain the value from 082$a?
>> If yes, then perform the changes to all of your records by either
>> a) creating a Koha list that contains all of them or,
>> b) adding all of your biblionumbers in the relevant tab.
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Andreas Roussos
>>
>> On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 09:04, Nalisha Tamang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>> We have imported 26,000 books from resourcemate into koha 19.05.04 but we
>>> have 082$a is filled but 952 $o is blank where it should have picked up
>>> the
>>> data from 082$a automatically but it didn't. As a result I have to add/
>>> edit 952$o field manually for 26,000 books. is there any way to get the
>>> 082$a field into 952$o automatically  without any marcedit. As the 26,000
>>> books file was prepared by someone else and that person is no longer
>>> working with us and I am not at all good in marc edit. Please help me
>>> ASAP
>>>
>>> In Christ,
>>> Nalisha

Re: Field 952$o is blank

Hi Nalisha,

I think what you see there is from the itemcallnumber system preference:

There is no callnumber in your item, but when you open to edit it, Koha
detects that and pulls the callnumber from the MARC record as a
suggestion you can use. This is not so obvious, when you work with
existing records, so can be easily missed.

The MARC fields the suggestion is pulled from, are set in the system
preference.

Hope this helps,

Katrin

On 18.02.20 11:23, Nalisha Tamang wrote:

> Thank you for your suggestion... But there is one more thing I forgot to
> mention that when I see item 952$o it shows blank call number area blank
> but  when i click edit item then 952$ o is filled. what have gone wrong
> with my data???????????
>
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 1:27 PM Andreas Roussos <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear Nalisha,
>>
>> You can accomplish what you're after by using Koha's MARC modification
>> templates:
>>
>> https://koha-community.org/manual/19.05/en/html/tools.html#marc-modification-templates
>>
>> https://koha-community.org/manual/19.05/en/html/tools.html#batch-record-modification
>>
>> Go to Home > Tools > MARC modification templates and create a new
>> template. Then click on the 'New action' button and enter a new
>> action as follows:
>>
>> Copy and replace 1st field 082 a to field 952 o
>> if field 082 a exists
>>
>> Click on 'Add action' to add the action to the template.
>>
>> Now, test the action you've just added by going to Home > Tools >
>> Batch record modification: select 'Biblios' as your record type,
>> then click on the 'Enter a list of record numbers' tab and type
>> the id of one of your biblios. Finally, select the template name
>> you created earlier and click 'Continue'.
>>
>> In the page that comes up, click on the 'Show MARC' button and
>> inspect the MARC preview: does 952$o contain the value from 082$a?
>> If yes, then perform the changes to all of your records by either
>> a) creating a Koha list that contains all of them or,
>> b) adding all of your biblionumbers in the relevant tab.
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Andreas Roussos
>>
>> On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 09:04, Nalisha Tamang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>> We have imported 26,000 books from resourcemate into koha 19.05.04 but we
>>> have 082$a is filled but 952 $o is blank where it should have picked up
>>> the
>>> data from 082$a automatically but it didn't. As a result I have to add/
>>> edit 952$o field manually for 26,000 books. is there any way to get the
>>> 082$a field into 952$o automatically  without any marcedit. As the 26,000
>>> books file was prepared by someone else and that person is no longer
>>> working with us and I am not at all good in marc edit. Please help me ASAP
>>>
>>> In Christ,
>>> Nalisha

Re: Field 952$o is blank

Nalisha Tamang
Yes, Exactly the same thing is happening to my data!
thank you

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 7:15 PM Andreas Roussos <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear Nalisha,
>
> Please have a look at these screenshots:
> https://imgur.com/a/NYrV6ke
>
> Is this what you are describing in your previous message?
>
> If yes, this is the expected behaviour when using the items editor:
> when you first view your record's items, 952$o appears empty because
> you are in 'Add item' mode; after clicking on 'Actions -> Edit' for
> a specific item, 952$o will show the full call number as you'll now
> be in 'Edit item' mode.
>
> If you meant something else, please elaborate and I'll try to help.
>
> Andreas
>
> On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 12:23, Nalisha Tamang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for your suggestion... But there is one more thing I forgot to
>> mention that when I see item 952$o it shows blank call number area blank
>> but  when i click edit item then 952$ o is filled. what have gone wrong
>> with my data???????????
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 1:27 PM Andreas Roussos <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Nalisha,
>>>
>>> You can accomplish what you're after by using Koha's MARC modification
>>> templates:
>>>
>>> https://koha-community.org/manual/19.05/en/html/tools.html#marc-modification-templates
>>>
>>> https://koha-community.org/manual/19.05/en/html/tools.html#batch-record-modification
>>>
>>> Go to Home > Tools > MARC modification templates and create a new
>>> template. Then click on the 'New action' button and enter a new
>>> action as follows:
>>>
>>> Copy and replace 1st field 082 a to field 952 o
>>> if field 082 a exists
>>>
>>> Click on 'Add action' to add the action to the template.
>>>
>>> Now, test the action you've just added by going to Home > Tools >
>>> Batch record modification: select 'Biblios' as your record type,
>>> then click on the 'Enter a list of record numbers' tab and type
>>> the id of one of your biblios. Finally, select the template name
>>> you created earlier and click 'Continue'.
>>>
>>> In the page that comes up, click on the 'Show MARC' button and
>>> inspect the MARC preview: does 952$o contain the value from 082$a?
>>> If yes, then perform the changes to all of your records by either
>>> a) creating a Koha list that contains all of them or,
>>> b) adding all of your biblionumbers in the relevant tab.
>>>
>>> I hope this helps.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Andreas Roussos

Re: Field 952$o is blank

Nalisha Tamang
yes, But I have no idea how to set that in the system preference.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 3:06 AM Katrin Fischer <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Nalisha,
>
> I think what you see there is from the itemcallnumber system preference:
>
> There is no callnumber in your item, but when you open to edit it, Koha
> detects that and pulls the callnumber from the MARC record as a
> suggestion you can use. This is not so obvious, when you work with
> existing records, so can be easily missed.
>
> The MARC fields the suggestion is pulled from, are set in the system
> preference.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Katrin
>
> On 18.02.20 11:23, Nalisha Tamang wrote:
> > Thank you for your suggestion... But there is one more thing I forgot to
> > mention that when I see item 952$o it shows blank call number area blank
> > but  when i click edit item then 952$ o is filled. what have gone wrong
> > with my data???????????
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 1:27 PM Andreas Roussos <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Dear Nalisha,
> >>
> >> You can accomplish what you're after by using Koha's MARC modification
> >> templates:
> >>

> https://koha-community.org/manual/19.05/en/html/tools.html#marc-modification-templates
> >>

> https://koha-community.org/manual/19.05/en/html/tools.html#batch-record-modification
> >>
> >> Go to Home > Tools > MARC modification templates and create a new
> >> template. Then click on the 'New action' button and enter a new
> >> action as follows:
> >>
> >> Copy and replace 1st field 082 a to field 952 o
> >> if field 082 a exists
> >>
> >> Click on 'Add action' to add the action to the template.
> >>
> >> Now, test the action you've just added by going to Home > Tools >
> >> Batch record modification: select 'Biblios' as your record type,
> >> then click on the 'Enter a list of record numbers' tab and type
> >> the id of one of your biblios. Finally, select the template name
> >> you created earlier and click 'Continue'.
> >>
> >> In the page that comes up, click on the 'Show MARC' button and
> >> inspect the MARC preview: does 952$o contain the value from 082$a?
> >> If yes, then perform the changes to all of your records by either
> >> a) creating a Koha list that contains all of them or,
> >> b) adding all of your biblionumbers in the relevant tab.
> >>
> >> I hope this helps.
> >>
> >> Kind regards,
> >> Andreas Roussos

> we
> 26,000
> ASAP

Re: Field 952$o is blank

Bob Birchall @ Calyx
Do you have access to the Koha Administration page from the main menu in
the staff client? (If you don't, the menu option will not be present.) If
so, do you have access to the Global System Preferences?
Assuming you do, you will see a Cataloguing tab at the left of the page.
You'll find the system preference 'itemcallnumber' under the Record
Structure heading.
For more help, there is always the manual. :)
Best wishes,
Bob Birchall
*CALYX*