Field 606 doesnt add multiple x subfields

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Field 606 doesnt add multiple x subfields

anjoze
Hi
On field 606, If I use an Authority with multiple "x" subfields, it will add
just the first "x"
I think is a bug from recent koha versions because it was working with our
Koha until now.
I've tested with BibLibre demo (http://intranet-demo.biblibre.com/) and it
works fine (Ver 17.11)
With 18.05 doesn't work.
Thanks for any help



-----
Koha version: 16.05.05
       - -
José Anjos
--
Sent from: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-general-f3047918.html
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Koha version: 16.05.05
       - -
José Anjos
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Field 606 doesnt add multiple x subfields

Elaine Bradtke-3
Just tested this in MARC 21 and the problem also occurs in the 650
This looks like a bug to me. There are some other bugs in Bugzilla related
to 650 x, but not this one. Didn't find any on 606 x

Elaine Bradtke
VWML
English Folk Dance and Song Society | http://www.efdss.org
Cecil Sharp House, 2 Regent's Park Road, London NW1 7AY
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Registered Company No. 297142
Charity Registered in England and Wales No. 305999
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"
--Elvis Costello (Musician magazine No. 60 (October 1983), p. 52)


On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 9:00 AM anjoze <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
> On field 606, If I use an Authority with multiple "x" subfields, it will
> add
> just the first "x"
> I think is a bug from recent koha versions because it was working with our
> Koha until now.
> I've tested with BibLibre demo (http://intranet-demo.biblibre.com/) and it
> works fine (Ver 17.11)
> With 18.05 doesn't work.
> Thanks for any help
>
>
>
> -----
> Koha version:   16.05.05
>        - -
> José Anjos
> --
> Sent from: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-general-f3047918.html
> _______________________________________________
> Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
>
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Field 606 doesnt add multiple x subfields

anjoze
Thanks for your feedback.
I've filed a new bug:
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21448



-----
Koha version: 16.05.05
       - -
José Anjos
--
Sent from: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-general-f3047918.html
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Koha version: 16.05.05
       - -
José Anjos
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Field 606 doesnt add multiple x subfields

Jonathan Druart
Patch attached, please test.

On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 at 10:37 anjoze <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for your feedback.
> I've filed a new bug:
> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21448
>
>
>
> -----
> Koha version:   16.05.05
>        - -
> José Anjos
> --
> Sent from: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-general-f3047918.html
> _______________________________________________
> Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
>
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Checkout without barcode

allauthors
Is there a simple way to checkout books without a barcode?

I'm currently in the process of inventorying and barcoding all our
materials, but in the meantime, it would be super useful to be able to
checkout materials by looking them up by name/author/etc.  So far I have
not been able to find a way to do this.  There's no check out to patron
option after searching the catalog, and the checkout process only allows
for barcodes as the entry method.

Currently I have the catalog search open in one tab and the checkout in
the other and copy and paste from one to the other to check items out.

Hoping someone can offer me a better solution.

Thanks,
Robert


_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Checkout without barcode

Eric Bégin-2
Robert,

Enabling the <itemBarcodeFallbackSearch> system preference allows you to
search for a document if the text you entered in the barcode field is
not found.

So you can consider the barcode field as a search box.

More info available here :
https://koha-community.org/manual/17.05/html/02_administration.html#itembarcodefallbacksearch

Best regards,

Eric Bégin
Solutions inLibro inc.



On 2018-09-30 15:31, Robert Flach wrote:

> Is there a simple way to checkout books without a barcode?
>
> I'm currently in the process of inventorying and barcoding all our
> materials, but in the meantime, it would be super useful to be able to
> checkout materials by looking them up by name/author/etc. So far I
> have not been able to find a way to do this.  There's no check out to
> patron option after searching the catalog, and the checkout process
> only allows for barcodes as the entry method.
>
> Currently I have the catalog search open in one tab and the checkout
> in the other and copy and paste from one to the other to check items out.
>
> Hoping someone can offer me a better solution.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha

_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha