Exploration of Koha ElasticSearch implementation

Exploration of Koha ElasticSearch implementation

Claire Hernandez
Hi,

I want to share a work with you. I knew we can now switch SearchEngine syspref to ElasticSearch in Koha community version, but I didn't know a lot more. I explored with some BibLibre guys what we can really do, if we can propose this feature to our users. It seems there is some work to do but it would be great to have a more solid version for 18.05 if we test and fix more things, a version for early adopters who want to try it in production.

I began a document where I list the gap to this version, it is a work in progress. I integrated the items identified by Nick (kidclamp) in the wiki page (Elastisearch_status). Thanks. I could have put everything in bugzilla or wiki but it wasn't ideal to me at this time. Depending your feedback I can make it better. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10VUKvIYZjlbJhE-oCLmInLe601su6vIRBRC_g6oNekE/edit#gid=0

Notes about tabs:
- Way to 18.05 : I wanted it "macro functionnal", but currently it lists features or issues that may be too small. I tried to evaluate the work in "complexity point", "1" can be one developper day or maybe more or less;
- Questions : can be used as a faq, I dropped my questions, sometimes I answered myself and other time someone else answered me;
- Queries and behaviours : we did a lot of work to implement Solr in Koha (at BibLibre, it begun in 2011) and an advanced search version is always maintained. I think it can be asked, so I pasted a list of queries we work with, it is expected to be different, it is just examples;
- Pros : quick list of advantages for ElasticSearch in Koha

Please, feel free to read, add lines, add questions or whatever. I am often available on #koha (@clrh).

Claire.

Re: Exploration of Koha ElasticSearch implementation

Tomas Cohen Arazi
Excellent work, Claire and Biblibre friends!

El jue., 18 ene. 2018 a las 12:00, Claire Hernandez (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (https://theke.io)
✆ +54 9351 3513384
GPG: B2F3C15F