Error with check in. id in two tables

Alvaro Cornejo
Hi

I have an item that I can not return (Check in) . It gaves me the error
¨Unable to check in¨

If I go to About/System information I have the following note:

The following ids exist in both issues and old_issues tables: 1

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Alvaro

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Envíe y Reciba Datos y mensajes de Texto (SMS) hacia y desde cualquier
celular y Nextel
en el Perú, México y en mas de 180 paises. Use aplicaciones 2 vias via SMS
y GPRS online
              Visitenos en www.perusms.com

[hidden email]>:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Take a look at /etc/mysql/koha-common.cnf, you should see the credentials
> koha-create is going to use to create the Koha database (not root).
>
> Regards,
> Jonathan
>
> On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 at 03:28 Daniel Owens <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I am moving our library to a new server with Ubuntu 16.04. Following the
> > instructions at
> > https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages, I
> > installed MariaDB instead of MySQL.
> >
> > When I run: sudo koha-create --create-db koha_library
> >
> > The result is: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user
> > 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
> >
> > I'd been wrestling with this problem for awhile before I got to this
> > point because I got similar messages when trying to configure
> > phpmyadmin. I can run "mysql -u root -p". However, just "mysql -u root"
> > fails with the above message as well. Is there a way to tell koha-create
> > to run using a password? Or am I missing something?
> >
> > I am hoping someone has a quick solution.
> >
> > Daniel

Libre
de virus. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: Error with check in. id in two tables

ruatuki
Alvaro,
details about this issue can be found here
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix

At this stage probably the best way to correct the immediate problem
would be to delete the entry in the old_issues table.
Pedro Amorin recently posted the following which may assist you;
"1) Copy the ID's under *Checkouts* from About Koha -> System Information

2) *Select * from old_issues where issue_id IN (<paste ID's here>)*
Confirm the listed rows are the ones you want to delete;

3) *Delete from old_issues where issue_id IN (<paste ID's here>);*

4) Check in items and be happy."

Thank you to Pedro.

Although this fixes the immediate problem you will still have to address
the reason that it occurred and that will depend on the version and
install method of your Koha.

Clint Deckard.

Alvaro Cornejo wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have an item that I can not return (Check in) . It gaves me the error
> ¨Unable to check in¨
>
> If I go to About/System information I have the following note:
>
> The following ids exist in both issues and old_issues tables: 1
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Alvaro
>

> |-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> Envíe y Reciba Datos y mensajes de Texto (SMS) hacia y desde cualquier
> celular y Nextel
> en el Perú, México y en mas de 180 paises. Use aplicaciones 2 vias via SMS
> y GPRS online
>               Visitenos en www.perusms.com

> [hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> Take a look at /etc/mysql/koha-common.cnf, you should see the credentials
>> koha-create is going to use to create the Koha database (not root).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jonathan
>>
>> On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 at 03:28 Daniel Owens <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I am moving our library to a new server with Ubuntu 16.04. Following the
>>> instructions at
>>> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages, I
>>> installed MariaDB instead of MySQL.
>>>
>>> When I run: sudo koha-create --create-db koha_library
>>>
>>> The result is: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user
>>> 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
>>>
>>> I'd been wrestling with this problem for awhile before I got to this
>>> point because I got similar messages when trying to configure
>>> phpmyadmin. I can run "mysql -u root -p". However, just "mysql -u root"
>>> fails with the above message as well. Is there a way to tell koha-create
>>> to run using a password? Or am I missing something?
>>>
>>> I am hoping someone has a quick solution.
>>>
>>> Daniel

> Libre
> de virus. www.avast.com

Re: Error with check in. id in two tables

Alvaro Cornejo
Hi Clint,

It worked. Thanks!!

Libre
de virus. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Envíe y Reciba Datos y mensajes de Texto (SMS) hacia y desde cualquier
celular y Nextel
en el Perú, México y en mas de 180 paises. Use aplicaciones 2 vias via SMS
y GPRS online
              Visitenos en www.perusms.com

> Alvaro,
> details about this issue can be found here
> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix
>
> At this stage probably the best way to correct the immediate problem would
> be to delete the entry in the old_issues table.
> Pedro Amorin recently posted the following which may assist you;
> "1) Copy the ID's under *Checkouts* from About Koha -> System Information
>
> 2) *Select * from old_issues where issue_id IN (<paste ID's here>)*
> Confirm the listed rows are the ones you want to delete;
>
> 3) *Delete from old_issues where issue_id IN (<paste ID's here>);*
>
> 4) Check in items and be happy."
>
> Thank you to Pedro.
>
> Although this fixes the immediate problem you will still have to address
> the reason that it occurred and that will depend on the version and install
> method of your Koha.
>
> Clint Deckard.
>

> Alvaro Cornejo wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have an item that I can not return (Check in) . It gaves me the error
>> ¨Unable to check in¨
>>
>> If I go to About/System information I have the following note:
>>
>> The following ids exist in both issues and old_issues tables: 1
>>
>> How can I fix this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Alvaro
>>

>> |-----------------------------------------------------------
>> ------------------------------------------------------|
>> Envíe y Reciba Datos y mensajes de Texto (SMS) hacia y desde cualquier
>> celular y Nextel
>> en el Perú, México y en mas de 180 paises. Use aplicaciones 2 vias via SMS
>> y GPRS online
>>               Visitenos en www.perusms.com

>> [hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi Daniel,
>>>
>>> Take a look at /etc/mysql/koha-common.cnf, you should see the credentials
>>> koha-create is going to use to create the Koha database (not root).
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Jonathan
>>>
>>> On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 at 03:28 Daniel Owens <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am moving our library to a new server with Ubuntu 16.04. Following the

>> =link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
>> Libre
>> de virus. www.avast.com
>> =link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>

Re: Error with check in. id in two tables

Tom Obrien
Hi all,
Sorry for taking you back. I encountered the same problem. From the
instruction, where do I place the command below. is it root terminal
or from mysql terminal? a step by step instruction to a novice like me
will help.
*Select * from old_issues where issue_id IN (<paste ID's here>)*

thank in advance.
Tom

Will be grateful for your help.

On 1/11/18, clint.deckard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Alvaro,
> details about this issue can be found here
> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix
>
> At this stage probably the best way to correct the immediate problem
> would be to delete the entry in the old_issues table.
> Pedro Amorin recently posted the following which may assist you;
> "1) Copy the ID's under *Checkouts* from About Koha -> System Information
>
> 2) *Select * from old_issues where issue_id IN (<paste ID's here>)*
> Confirm the listed rows are the ones you want to delete;
>
> 3) *Delete from old_issues where issue_id IN (<paste ID's here>);*
>
> 4) Check in items and be happy."
>
> Thank you to Pedro.
>
> Although this fixes the immediate problem you will still have to address
> the reason that it occurred and that will depend on the version and
> install method of your Koha.
>
> Clint Deckard.
>

> Alvaro Cornejo wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have an item that I can not return (Check in) . It gaves me the error
>> ¨Unable to check in¨
>>
>> If I go to About/System information I have the following note:
>>
>> The following ids exist in both issues and old_issues tables: 1
>>
>> How can I fix this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Alvaro
>>

>> |-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>> Envíe y Reciba Datos y mensajes de Texto (SMS) hacia y desde cualquier
>> celular y Nextel
>> en el Perú, México y en mas de 180 paises. Use aplicaciones 2 vias via SMS
>> y GPRS online
>>               Visitenos en www.perusms.com

>> [hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Hi Daniel,
>>>
>>> Take a look at /etc/mysql/koha-common.cnf, you should see the credentials
>>> koha-create is going to use to create the Koha database (not root).
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Jonathan

>> Libre
>> de virus. www.avast.com

Re: Error with check in. id in two tables

Alvaro Cornejo
Hi Tom

Always CC the list so everybody can benefit from the discusion.

You can either run in directly on mysql or in Koha's report tool.

Regards,

Alvaro